My Phillies Blog - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Philadelphia Phillies

My Phillies Blog

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Phillies Blog

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:48 am

Hey guys, now that I am working for the WB17 as an intern in the sports dept. I have full access and inside info about the phillies because I speak with them personally on a daily basis. It's frickin awesome! I figured I'd put some of my thoughts in here to liven this place up and to give you all things you wont here anywhere else. So here are two posts I've already made in the leftovers forum. Enjoy! ;-D

Post 1: OK guys I'm going to give you all a report that you can get from no one else from me since I am a reporter in the Phillies locker room on home sundays. I spoke to Myers yesterday and aked him if thought a high pitch count may have his arm tired or if he thought it was bad luck against good teams. He answered by saying he was very frustrated that he's falling behind guys 1-0 2-0 and then not getting the calls from the ump. Then I asked him how he can get back to being the brett myers at the beginning of the season and he said this, "I dont think I can be exactly that guy from earlier on because I've been struggling with command, but sooner or later I'll bounce back and get some calls, and start getting that effectiveness I had earlier." Interesting stuff, now none of you guys know me but some of you know ewhat I've been doing and my prognosis is to trade him right now and get whatever big bat you can from him, because he's coming back to earth and shouldn't be a frontline starter for a good while this year. Hope this helps and if you need anything inside info on the Phillies, I'm the guy.

Post 2:
moochman wrote:perlick29, is there any truth to the rumor that your avatar is in fact a pic of the Phillies gm after looking up Urbina and Palanco's stats?
Was there a story on why they traded a decent infielder for a flyball throwing, erratic closer? Just didn't add up.

Haha, that's funny the first part, but as for the second part it's cool you should mention wade because I spoke to him yesterday-Monday at the Phillies Phestival for ALS. The WB17 in Philadelphia the network I intern for assigned me to talk to team members and specifically Geoff Geary because they were doing a package on how his friend had ALS and how it affected him personally.

Well anyway I spoke to Wade about a lot of things, specifically what you asked. I said things haven't gone exactly you're way after the initial trade, how confident are you that things will work out. Wade said I was confident that the trade wouldl help us this season and am just as confident now. Ugueth is a heck of a pitcher and at that time our bullpen, especially Madson and Wagner were being overworked, so a guy like Urbina could keep them all fresh for the stretch run. Then I asked him what they would need at the deadline, and his response was the lead story in last night's sprots segment. He basically told me what he said on rotoworld, which was that Padilla was garbage(he said struggling) and with Wolf out the Phils will definitely be in the market for a starter preferably a lefty.

Later my anchor, Matt Biondi who is from Seattle told me that Jamie Moyer was going to to be trade bait come July 31. It's very possible we'll see him here, it's a move that wouldn't be a shocker from Ed Wade.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:06 pm

Perlick, there is a report in the Inquirer (Enquirer?) today about the Phillies interest in Glavine? If there's any truth to this I'm going to get drunk and dance around my front lawn naked. Heard anything? }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:48 am

Amazinz wrote:Perlick, there is a report in the Inquirer (Enquirer?) today about the Phillies interest in Glavine? If there's any truth to this I'm going to get drunk and dance around my front lawn naked. Heard anything? }:-)

Hmm, haven't heard that one as of yet but now that you mention him I'll be sure to ask about it sunday night before the game to Wade if I can find him. Thanks for the heads up. Although if it is the National Enquirer that you got this from, I wouldnt put too much stock in it. :-D
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:12 pm

No it's the Philadelphia Inquirer, just wasn't sure how they spelled it. I'm not getting my hopes up but hey it doesn't hurt to dream. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:45 pm

Haven't heard it yet although this just in: Charlie Manuel has had two count em two colostomy's.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:14 pm

Yeah thanks for that, Perlick. :-b
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby perlick29 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Latest Update:

The Jason Michaels fiasco was interesting when I went to the locker room. It was also my first trip on the field and in the dugouts so it was doubly cool. I found out that Bobby Abreu was proud to represent Venzuela, Brett Myers is boring, and Ryan Howard is both dumb and dull. He answered questions as if his chip had broken and his robotic cell was operating at pre-set response.

But more important was the Jason Michaels incident. We found out that the Phillies would absolutely not comment on the situation. They almost threw the reporter from FOX out of the press conference for asking Bobby Abreu if he was disappointed in his teammate. That was a very tense situation. From talking to some people in the organization I found out he is a young troubled human being who definitely has had his incidents with alcohol and a temper. He needs guidance. I met Jon Miller and Joe Morgan as they were the ones calling the game, and I'll have more about that in my article to be published. I hung out with Ryan Madsen as I am only slightly younger than he is and chatted with Geoff Geary who is an amazing human being for soing so much for the cause of ALS. Finally, being on the field was awesome because fans were asking who I was and one kid even asked for MY autograph. Wow.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th I'll be travelling to Reading for the AA Phillies and the WB has assigned me to do an exclusive interview with Cole Hamels after his start, the ultra-talented starter who broke his hand in a bar fught a while back and is now fighting his way back to stardom. If any of you have questions you'd like me to ask I'll be sure to throw them in as I've found players are accessible to people their own age, especially if the haven't reached the professional level yet. An example of this would be my experiences with Penn State football players. Check back in with you guys tomorrow. ;-D
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Philadelphia Phillies