Any doctors or eye doctors in the house? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Any doctors or eye doctors in the house?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any doctors or eye doctors in the house?

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:19 am

So last night I was playing with my daughter, and she happened to jab me in the eye. I thought I blinked in time, but her little finger got me in the eyeball. I got a little crater and a red spot out in the white of my eye. It hurts a little bit and it's a little swollen, but it seems like it's already healing.

My question is if this is something I should be worried about? Do I need to see someone immediately? I flushed it out real good, but just wondering if there's anything else I should do.

Thanks if anyone knows.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:21 am

My cat actually scratched my eyeball once. Hurt like hell - nothing that the opthamologist could do except for give me antibiotics to make sure that I didn't get an infection but he did do a ton of tests so maybe it is worth getting checked out.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:41 am

My mother is an optical surgeon, and I read her your question and she said to go see an eye doctor, just to be sure. Not to rush over or anything, but head over within the next few days whenever you get the chance, just so they can make sure nothing was damaged, because often times you can't tell if something has been affected until weeks or months later then, and your doctor should be able to tell you what do do during your visit.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:07 pm

doesnt hurt to get it checked out but i wouldnt worry about it too much. i got a finger in an eye in a basketball game. hurt like hell. they flushed it, took a look at it, then glued it shut for a day or two. i got to wear an eye patch and say 'arggh matey' all the time. doc said the eye heals pretty fast. as long as it is the white part of the eye i wouldnt think there would be too much of a problem.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:55 pm

Doesn't seem like a big problem. You're not seeing double or anything out of it right? I'd still swing by and have it looked at, but it doesn't sound too serious to me. I'm by no means a doctor though, so take that with a grain of salt.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:45 pm

Madison wrote:Doesn't seem like a big problem. You're not seeing double or anything out of it right? I'd still swing by and have it looked at, but it doesn't sound too serious to me. I'm by no means a doctor though, so take that with a grain of salt.

But you did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night though.......

:-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:My mother is an optical surgeon, and I read her your question and she said to go see an eye doctor, just to be sure. Not to rush over or anything, but head over within the next few days whenever you get the chance, just so they can make sure nothing was damaged, because often times you can't tell if something has been affected until weeks or months later then, and your doctor should be able to tell you what do do during your visit.

You're a math teacher that still lives with your mother? :-?
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:08 am

davidmarver wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:My mother is an optical surgeon, and I read her your question and she said to go see an eye doctor, just to be sure. Not to rush over or anything, but head over within the next few days whenever you get the chance, just so they can make sure nothing was damaged, because often times you can't tell if something has been affected until weeks or months later then, and your doctor should be able to tell you what do do during your visit.

You're a math teacher that still lives with your mother? :-?

Well, I'm a college student, actually, one year shy of my Bachelors, two years shy of my Masters. I student taught Math this past Spring, and have my own classroom teaching Summer school beginning July 5th. I have my own apartment in Albany, but was unable to get a teaching job in the area, so I moved home for the summer so I could make some money before heading back up in the Fall.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:58 am

I got an eyeball story for ya. An army ranger I know was hiking out in the back country all by himself, he was about 15 miles away from his vehicle and civilization. He was hiking along when a hummingbird flew into his eye, the beak punctured his eyeball and the bird was stuck, flapping around like mad. The guy reached up and crushed the bird to death, then taped a cup over his eye... and hiked back to civilization with the bird corpse sticking out of his eye 8-o

I know it has nothing to do with the original thread but that story gives me chills. :-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:40 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:I got an eyeball story for ya. An army ranger I know was hiking out in the back country all by himself, he was about 15 miles away from his vehicle and civilization. He was hiking along when a hummingbird flew into his eye, the beak punctured his eyeball and the bird was stuck, flapping around like mad. The guy reached up and crushed the bird to death, then taped a cup over his eye... and hiked back to civilization with the bird corpse sticking out of his eye 8-o

I know it has nothing to do with the original thread but that story gives me chills. :-D

Wow, what a story. That is something else.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Return to General Talk