I'm sure this has been discussed to death but.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I'm sure this has been discussed to death but....

Postby daveblotto » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:36 pm

does anyone think that Bonds will actually play this year? I'm getting SOOOO tired of waiting for him. My Draft was before the 2nd Surgery and before the Press conference etc. I wasted a 3rd Round pick on that guy, and he's been just sitting on my DL since Day 1!! UGGGGGGGH! Sorry just had to vent!!
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:40 pm

If he does, it'll probably only be in August/September and it definitely won't be worth the trouble.

I think SF trots him out there just to get some butts in the seats after its too late, but in my opinion, he'll be wholly innefective.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daveblotto » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:42 pm

Yea I'm really conisdering just giving up on him already. It's not really costing me cuz I have the DL spot, but still. Super frustrating.
daveblotto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Postby reznorsboy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:50 pm

Yeah I haven't really heard anyone give a specific answer as to when he is coming back. I wonder if he will be like Helton or if he will still excel.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Berge20 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:09 pm

No clue either. Drafted him #3 overall in an OPS league....ugh.

Still leading by 7.5 games though :)
Berge20
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:35 pm

I've posted this before, and I'll post it one more time for those who haven't read it:

I heard a while back a conspiracy theory involving Bonds. The theory was that MLB knows Bonds is a juicer, and told him that he has two choices. One - he can sit out the season. Two - he can come back this year, and MLB will expose him as a juicer. He, of course, doesn't want the latter to happen, so he's sitting out the season. This is why we hear about all these mysterious knee surgeries and why he says things like "you all win. You've just beat me down. blah blah blah."

It's interesting whatever the case. My personal belief is that he's not coming back. Not this year, not ever.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby nuggets » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:49 am

Big Pimpin wrote:I've posted this before, and I'll post it one more time for those who haven't read it:

I heard a while back a conspiracy theory involving Bonds. The theory was that MLB knows Bonds is a juicer, and told him that he has two choices. One - he can sit out the season. Two - he can come back this year, and MLB will expose him as a juicer. He, of course, doesn't want the latter to happen, so he's sitting out the season. This is why we hear about all these mysterious knee surgeries and why he says things like "you all win. You've just beat me down. blah blah blah."

It's interesting whatever the case. My personal belief is that he's not coming back. Not this year, not ever.

and where did you "hear" this?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:09 am

nuggets wrote:

the water closet of the local dive
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby theclefe » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:34 am

I am trading for him in my 5x5 H2H. It may seem odd, but he is projected to come back around fantasy playoff time and the only way I can win a championship is if he plays near the level he can. Bonds is a big buy low guy in my eyes. IF he comes back and hits like he can, he will infuse much needed power and average stats when I need them the most.

I think, if you can get him cheap, he is a good risk/reward guy. Roto, not so much.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:58 am

nuggets wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I've posted this before, and I'll post it one more time for those who haven't read it:

I honestly don't remember where I heard it. And it's not like I quote it as fact, people! But it IS interesting nonetheless. It actually would explain all the secrecy about his surgeries gone wrong and his medical condition. It might also explain why out of the blue he tells the media that they have won. They finally beat him down. You all have to admit it was very strange and not at all Bonds-like.

Anyway, it's a "conspiracy theory." No where did I say it was absolutely true, it's nothing but pure speculation. And not that I necessarily believe this theory, but I still don't think Bonds is going to be back in uniform. Not this year, and probably not ever.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers