this is who the lakers drafted...

http://www.myspace.com/8750639
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:18 pm

Ok for some reason I actually listened to the draft on the radio and it made no sense to me ...Personally I think the NBA is retarded...

But they were like "The best player is so and so (whoever the #2 pick was) He'll probably be a super star, but, Andrew Bogut is gonna go #1. We don't think Bogut is gonna be that good. He'll be decent and not hurt your team..."

NBA = HYPE and image....Lame...Made no sense...It seemed like no one was excited at all about anyone in the draft it was just all like "Yea he'll be a good 3rd bench player."

:-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:Ok for some reason I actually listened to the draft on the radio and it made no sense to me ...Personally I think the NBA is retarded...

But they were like "The best player is so and so (whoever the #2 pick was) He'll probably be a super star, but, Andrew Bogut is gonna go #1. We don't think Bogut is gonna be that good. He'll be decent and not hurt your team..."

NBA = HYPE and image....Lame...Made no sense...It seemed like no one was excited at all about anyone in the draft it was just all like "Yea he'll be a good 3rd bench player."

:-t

I think what they were trying to say about Bogut is that he won't be a superstar. He will be a quality center(which is hard to find in the NBA). A quality center is just about as valuable as a star guard.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:42 am

Most of the criticism about the Raptors' pick is from the ESPN announcers. These guys ripped into the Raps. They hate Babcock there (can't say that I blame them) and most fans are just repeating what they heard.

But if you heard who the Raps would get before the draft, without knowing where they were drafted, you would be very pleased. They used the 7th, 16th and 41st picks to take 3 top 20 players and 3 guys who, a year from now, will be part of the regular rotation.

The 2 problems I have is where they took them. Charlie would have still been there later and if they were so high on him couldn't they trade down to take him? Maybe they did but Babcock is such a stuck up jerk that he won't tell anybody a single thing about what happens behind the scenes. "No comment" is his favourite thing to say and he is just so media unfriendly that it's frustrating.

The other problems are all of the comments about Charlie's work ethic. I hope that they are exaggerated but if there is even a grain of truth in them then Sam's going to eat him for breakfast. If he doesn't do exactly as he is told and give 100% on every play, he is going to turn into another Rafer or Lamond Murray and end up on the bench sulking. Sam works best with all-effort defensive guys like Graham. In interviews Sam couldn't even try to sound excited about Charlie. Seems like a disaster waiting to happen :-t
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Previous

Return to General Talk