NBA Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:18 am

Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!

Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.

Don't forget Darko - people always forget Darko :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:19 am

mweir145 wrote:I hope the Raptors take Danny Granger with the #7 pick, and then take either Andrew Bynum or Joey Graham at #16.

In the 2nd round, I hope they can get one of 2 guys: Nate Robinson and Salim Stoudamire.

Granger is a good possibility in the first but in the second round I would be very surprised if they did not take the local boy Juan Mendez if he is still available.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:25 am

I agree that Nate Robinson is going to be a steal. Both he and Salim can play, even if they're taken in the 2nd round. They're going to really help whoever drafts them.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:30 am

I've heard rumors about Paul falling out of the top 3 cause of his size. Deron Williams stock is soaring and he might be taken ahead of Paul.
http://nbadraft.net/index.asp
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 461)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:44 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Chris Paul should go #1.

I concur.

I disagree.

I guess MIL doesn't need him with Ford supposedly coming back healthy, but I would much rather take the top point guard over potential in Williams and a lot of hype in Bogut, but that's just me. I guess it's the fantasy player in me, but if I had the number one pick I'd always be looking to trade down and turn it into 3-4 top 20 picks unless there was a talent like LeBron who can come in and contribute immediately at the highest level, which just isn't the case this year.

I couldn't agree more with you on trading down in this year's draft. I'd rather a few picks with guys all showing potential to be high caliber NBA players given this year's field. Unless there's a caliber player ready to step into a full time starting role and help my team win considerably more games than the previous year, I'd hate to have that #1 pick.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 833)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:50 am

It seems like every year the NBA draft is turning more and more into a prospect draft. I know it's partially due to their age restrictions, but I guess the NFL draft is the only one where you can realistically expect players you draft outside of the first round to contribute in a meaningful way.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:54 am

It comes down to this:

Bogut: big white guy with impressive ball-handling skills for a big man(6'11). Could be solid, but just setting yourself up for disappointment. I think Rik Smits type of game with less height. SHOULD NOT GO #1. Which scares me, cause I'm a hawks fan and if he drops to them I can pretty much guarantee they take him and I throw up.

Chris Paul: Best player in draft RIGHT NOW. Size is factor, but shouldn't be. Think Mike Bibby and that's my impression of Chris Paul, especially if he increases his 3pt shooting. He's not extremely flashy, but is solid and developed, aka can come right in and play. Should go top 2, won't go top 2.

Williams: Biggest upside, best player 3 years from now. Athletic swingman aka watered down TMAC. Will go top 2, should go #1.

I think after this season the team who picked Bogut, missing out on Paul and Williams, is going to be kicking themselves like the Blazers did when they drafted Sam Bowie. Big goofy white guys fdon't win championships. When are people gonna figure this out?
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:59 am

How do you think Paul and Williams from Illinois compare? I think they're two completely different players but some people seem to lump them together into a "take your pick" deal. I think both Williams as well as Paul should go over Bogut if I had any say, but I guess that's why I don't. :-b

Irish wrote:Big goofy white guys fdon't win championships. When are people gonna figure this out?

Hehe. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:15 pm

Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jagfan21 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!

Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.
yeah i agree

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk