NBA Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:44 pm

If my Clippers take the Russian kid Koralev, like sources say, I think I'm going to cry.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:44 pm

Phatferd wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!

Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.

yeah, they actually did a segment about 2nd round bargins available in the draft on sportscenter today. there are some very good players who could become solid NBAers coming out of the 2nd round

They're saying Salim could go in the 2nd round, and I don't care what they say, whoever gets that guy is getting an absolute STEAL.

I don't think Bogut should go first overall. I think he's ok (and very overrated), but Marvin Williams has a much higher ceiling. Bogut is going to be like the Kandi man, a decent player that doesn't ever amount to that much.

Nate Robinson is also in the draft, unless he withdrew and I didn't hear it. He will be a steal. The next Speedy Claxton.

Nope, Nate didn't withdraw, and i agree that who ever gets him will be very happy. I'm a big Pac-10 guy (die-hard stanford fan) and i can tell you, that guy is one special player. he'll have some problems defensively, but will easily make up for it with the athleticism and energy he will bring to the team.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:45 am

Big Pimpin wrote:I don't think Bogut should go first overall. I think he's ok (and very overrated), but Marvin Williams has a much higher ceiling. Bogut is going to be like the Kandi man, a decent player that doesn't ever amount to that much.

I don't really follow basketball too much, but from what I saw I have to agree. He was playing a cup-cake conference for the most part this year and while he did carry the team, it wasn't really that much of an accomplishment. That being said, he is more NBA ready at this point than Williams so it's a pretty tough spot for the Bucks. I'd almost like to have the second or third pick so the decision would be easier, just take the one left out of Bogut, Williams, and Paul. :*)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:55 am

Chris Paul should go #1.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:09 am

I hope the Raptors take Danny Granger with the #7 pick, and then take either Andrew Bynum or Joey Graham at #16.

In the 2nd round, I hope they can get one of 2 guys: Nate Robinson and Salim Stoudamire.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:13 am

I hope the Raptors take Danny Granger with the #7 pick, and then take either Andrew Bynum or Joey Graham at #16.

In the 2nd round, I hope they can get one of 2 guys: Nate Robinson and Salim Stoudamire.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:15 am

davidmarver wrote:Chris Paul should go #1.

I concur.
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:57 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:

I concur.

i completely disagree....

but of course i dont see how bogut should go #1 either,,, but oh well i am not the draft experts... i will say that if may, salim, and wayne simien go as low as the "experts" say they will,,, then those 3 teams will be getting some steals of the draft
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:00 am

I concur.

I disagree.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:13 am

bigh0rt wrote:

I concur.

I disagree.

I guess MIL doesn't need him with Ford supposedly coming back healthy, but I would much rather take the top point guard over potential in Williams and a lot of hype in Bogut, but that's just me. I guess it's the fantasy player in me, but if I had the number one pick I'd always be looking to trade down and turn it into 3-4 top 20 picks unless there was a talent like LeBron who can come in and contribute immediately at the highest level, which just isn't the case this year.
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk