NBA Draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NBA Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NBA Draft

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:51 pm

Seeing as the NBA draft is coming up tommorow night, i figured its never too early to start analyzing. so what are peoples thoughts on the draft - who should be the top pick, the effects of the new age limit, euro players, high schoolers, who your favorite team should pick, etc...
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm saying that Bogut goes #1 followed by Williams, Paul, D. Williams and I guess the HS' er Green.

All I'm saying is that whoever gets Wayne Simien will get a Diamond in the Rough. This guy is very much so being over-looked in my opinion. He's this years Boozer if you ask me. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:41 pm

Bogut #1 thats all that matters
Image
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3089
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at my computer

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:42 pm

this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Nomar4prez » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:44 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!


Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:47 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!


Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.


yeah, they actually did a segment about 2nd round bargins available in the draft on sportscenter today. there are some very good players who could become solid NBAers coming out of the 2nd round
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:58 pm

This draft is loaded with PGs....

Felton may drop to the Lakers at 10 and I am telling you that's a steal.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:12 pm

I'm just hoping the Raptors select Danny Granger with the 7th pick and trade away the other first round pick that they got from Philly.
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:28 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!


Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.


yeah, they actually did a segment about 2nd round bargins available in the draft on sportscenter today. there are some very good players who could become solid NBAers coming out of the 2nd round


They're saying Salim could go in the 2nd round, and I don't care what they say, whoever gets that guy is getting an absolute STEAL.

I don't think Bogut should go first overall. I think he's ok (and very overrated), but Marvin Williams has a much higher ceiling. Bogut is going to be like the Kandi man, a decent player that doesn't ever amount to that much.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:36 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:this is quite possibly the ugliest looking draft class of all-time. thank you jon paxson for trading this years pick for Luol Deng!


Not really. It's probably the deepest draft 3-4 years. There may not be instant stars like Wade, Lebron, and Melo', but it's got solid talent all the way into the second round.


yeah, they actually did a segment about 2nd round bargins available in the draft on sportscenter today. there are some very good players who could become solid NBAers coming out of the 2nd round


They're saying Salim could go in the 2nd round, and I don't care what they say, whoever gets that guy is getting an absolute STEAL.

I don't think Bogut should go first overall. I think he's ok (and very overrated), but Marvin Williams has a much higher ceiling. Bogut is going to be like the Kandi man, a decent player that doesn't ever amount to that much.


Nate Robinson is also in the draft, unless he withdrew and I didn't hear it. He will be a steal. The next Speedy Claxton.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: The Artful Dodger, unioreimi and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact