CAN I CONTEND?...RATE MY TEAM - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

CAN I CONTEND?...RATE MY TEAM

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CAN I CONTEND?...RATE MY TEAM

Postby jss » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:26 pm

Situation:
I'm in a lame Yahoo Public league (12 teams, 5x5, roto) where [b]NOBODY wants to trade...and I mean NOBODY! It's really driving me crazy and taking all the fun out of it. To make a bad situation worse, I was on vacation during the draft and got stuck with a REALLY bad team. So I've done my best by playing off the wire -- I'm barely in 5th place. I usually play in money leagues, but just didn't have the time this year, so I did this to satisfy my fantasy jones. What a mistake.

What to do:
My gut tells me I should just drop my whole team and not look back, but my competitive side is getting the better of me. So, I'm looking for an out of the box strategy to make it interesting. Unfortunately, I'm only restricted to WW. My goal is to take third place. I'm a realist. I know first is out of the question.

For experts only:
Following is my team and the FA players. Please take a look and recommend potential moves and any other strategies you might have up your sleeve. I'm open to ANYTHING!!! That includes agressive dropping and picking up of all players; high risk and otherwise.

my hitters:
C VARITEK
1B BERKMAN
2B KENT
3B WRIGHT
SS HALL
OF DAMON
OF MATSUI
OF DREW
UTIL THOMAS
BN PUDGE
BN ENSBERG
DL SWEENEY

my pitchers:
SP PENNY
SP HAREN
SP SABATHIA
SP LOWE
SP CAPUANO
SP BENSON
SP BYRD
RP CORDERO
RP GUARDADO
RP WAGNER

FA Hitters:
Sizemore
Mench
Ward
Erstad
Ibanez
Ordonez
C. Guillen
Everett
Crisp
Encanacion
R. White
T. Clark
Tracey
Eckstein
Church
Finley
Uribe
Wilkerson
Lane
Nady
Spivey
Mueller
Crede
Millar

FA Pitchers:
W. Miller
Od. Perez
Blanton
Weaver
Leiter
W. Williams
Lidle
Harang
Hampton
Washburn
Chen
Greinke
D. Williams
Cabrera
Ohka
Moyer
Elarton

You're my last chance. Thanks
jss
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BTOWNHESS » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:27 pm

ok here we go

1. you have a very formidable offense, just some players not plyaing up to their potential in the first half, I.E. Berkman, Drew..your only glaring weakness is SS, but I have Hall too and hope he keeps it up

2. Drop F. Thomas for Sizemore, Thomas is only available as utility and that hurts plus he is already starting to cool down...picking up Sizemore is a steal. this kid will score a ton of runs, steal some bases and has some pop in his bat.

3. Drop Sabathia for Blanton....take a peak at Blantons last 5 starts. hes put it together.

4. Drop Pudge for Guillen, Pudge wont be turning it around in the second half, he lost too much weight in the offseason from getting off the juice and he'll never start ahead of Varitek on your team. Guillen is coming off an injury but hes still a stud

5. Drop Byrd for Elarton. Byrd can never keep it together for a full season and Eleraton has the same story as Blanton...outstanding last month, and he plays for a team that will score runs for him.

good luck
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby LooseCannon » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:46 pm

I would drop Thee Big Hurt for Mench who is on a roll lately. Also, I would drop Drew for Sizemore.....your team doesn't seem to get a lot of steals. FInally, if there are two DL spots I would pick up Maggs

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team