Who will be traded? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Who will be traded?

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Who will be traded?

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:04 pm

Guesses anyone? With all the talk of Huff and Baez, does anyone think either/both of these guys gets traded?

If so, where and for whom?

Personally, I think at least one of these guys goes to Atlanta - for a couple of pitching prospects, such as Lerew and Chuck James.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:08 am

a couple of weeks ago, i was hearing baez and huff for marte, mccann, and a pitching prospect.... have not heard much on that lately since the braves drafted the wolfpack closer in the draft and reitsma pitching fairly well of late........ of late i have been hearing that the dbacks are interested in baez, with the drays interested in conor jackson in return
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:49 am

If the Braves traded Marte AND McCann, I'd be absoutely shocked. Not saying the Rays shouldn't demand that, but I have a hard time believing both would get shipped by the Braves.

Of the two, I can see Marte being the better possibility. With Chipper at 3rd for a few more years, and Betemit able to handle SS until Escobar is ready, with Betemit going to 3B, Marte could actually be argued to be a luxury unless they plan to play him in the OF.

However, watching a few Braves games, Estrada is not good defensively. I'm under the impression McCann is. If so, and based on the value the Braves place of defense and pitching, I think the Braves trade Estrada in the off-season - which means McCann likely isn't going anywhere.

Not to mention, I kind of like Toby Hall. He's not great, but he's solid, has a pretty good arm behind the plate and seems to call a good game (though I am by no means an expert there). I'd rather have the pitching help if I were the Rays.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:48 pm

Dawgpound 1613 wrote:Not to mention, I kind of like Toby Hall. He's not great, but he's solid, has a pretty good arm behind the plate and seems to call a good game (though I am by no means an expert there). I'd rather have the pitching help if I were the Rays.

yes i totally agree,,, i would have no problem with hall at C for the drays for the next 5 years or so,,,,, and i also believe the braves would be harder pressed to trade mccann then they would marte due to chipper at 3b.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Tampa Bay Rays