Hunter Pence - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Hunter Pence

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hunter Pence

Postby kbarre » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:57 pm

I'm in a keeper league with plenty of bench spots to stash players. I have an old, old, withering OF, but have managed to remain in first place. I'm looking for OF's that will impact me by this time next year.

I heard about Hunter Pence, but he's down in A-ball. What's the word on him? Would it be irrational to call this guy in my league? How do his chances look right now. I know he's killing the ball for Lexington.

Also, any advice on OF's that might be getting the call SOON would be appreciated too. btw, Delmon Young and Jonny Gomes are taking in my league already.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PhilliesPhan24 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:04 am

Lastings Milledge, Kendry Morales?

I mean, they may be taken, but you may be able to pry them away from an owner....
PhilliesPhan24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:53 am

Pence has been playing in my backyard all year and I've yet to get out to the park and see him. :*) I listen to most of the Legends games on the radio though and he has been a monster so far. I'm not sure what kind of credentials he brings to back it up, he has been mashing the ball in what hybrid says is a pitchers league. The walk to strike out ratio is a little troubling 2:3 through Saturday, but the rest of his numbers are pretty good for A ball.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Pence

Postby kbarre » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:09 pm

I did just read that he went on the DL with a strained quad.

So far, as far as I can tell with my limited resources, his 23 bombs are the most in the minors at any level. Why on earth haven't the 'Stros moved him up?

He's supposedly 6'4" and can run like a deer, too. Just wish people knew more inside info so I knew whether or not to take a chance, and if so, when....
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Pence

Postby hybrid » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:03 pm

kbarre wrote:I did just read that he went on the DL with a strained quad.

So far, as far as I can tell with my limited resources, his 23 bombs are the most in the minors at any level. Why on earth haven't the 'Stros moved him up?

He's supposedly 6'4" and can run like a deer, too. Just wish people knew more inside info so I knew whether or not to take a chance, and if so, when....

Actually I know 2 off the top of my head who have 26 HR's this year, Andy LaRoche and Brandon Wood.

Ok so about Pence, I hear that after he comes off the DL he will be promoted to High A. Also while his stats are great, he is 22 in just Low A ball. If your really thinking about adding him, I'd wait to see how he hits at higher levels before you consider it further.

Some quick info on Pence, has quick hands as he chokes up on the bat some, good feel for hitting, and a lot of power. Has good control of the strike zone, though his body looks somewhat gangly .... he is a good athlete and has solid speed. A player who plays hard and likely will switch to LF later on as his arm is below average.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball