Which player is least likely to be a Blue Jay after July 31. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Which player is least likely to be a Blue Jay after July 31.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which player is LEAST likely to be a Blue Jay after the July 31 trade deadline?

Frank Catalannato
25%
Reed Johnson
No votes
Vernon Wells
13%
Shea Hillenbrand
No votes
Eric Hinske
38%
Orlando Hudson
25%
Ted Lilly
No votes
Justin Speier
No votes
Scott Schoenweis
No votes

Total votes : 8

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:02 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:I'd like to see them trade Hinske! but as mookie said it will be hard to see another team take him without the Jays eating some salary!

his salary?...i think it's hard for another team to take hinske alone. !+)

and i agree on the o-dawg. his D has saved the jays a lot of runs...but his bat has been a disappointment so far...maybe he should quit batting right handed. still...i wouldn't like to see him go.

Here's the thing, they asked him to stop batting right handed (or at least try being exclusively a lefty for a while) and he hasn't been cooperative. He wants to keep being a switch hitter. That's one reason that he might go.

Let's sweep those Sox!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:02 pm

that is one thing i never understood about some switch hitters. they bat .300 from the left side, and only .150 from the right, and yet they refuse to try from the left only? :-? it just doesn't make sense to me.

i would hate to see the o-dawg go, as his defense is really needded in the infield, but, he may get the jays the most in return. a team in the hunt for a playoff spot, if the jays are not one of them, might give up some talent to solidify infield defense. that's what the red sox did last year, and it seemed to work.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

I heard rumours that Zito might be coming to Toronto

Postby sportsguy80 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:14 pm

i heard sum rumours that Barry Zito might be going to Toronto..i don know if thats true anymore because they A's are playin some good ball right now but if the jays to acquire Zito would that e good..cuz alot of ppl are starting to say Zito is washed up

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: I heard rumours that Zito might be coming to Toronto

Postby Lime » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:21 pm

sportsguy80 wrote:i heard sum rumours that Barry Zito might be going to Toronto..i don know if thats true anymore because they A's are playin some good ball right now but if the jays to acquire Zito would that e good..cuz alot of ppl are starting to say Zito is washed up

No one can say he's washed up. He's not the same guy he was in 2002, and probably never will be again, but he is still an effective pitcher who will give his team a chance to win almost every time out.

With that said I believe Oakland will hang onto him unless someone seriously overpays, and I doubt J.P. would do that.

To think if Gord Ash were still here he'd probably give up League and Rios, at least, for Zito. :-P
Lime
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Toronto Blue Jays