Which player is least likely to be a Blue Jay after July 31. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Which player is least likely to be a Blue Jay after July 31.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which player is LEAST likely to be a Blue Jay after the July 31 trade deadline?

Frank Catalannato
25%
Reed Johnson
No votes
Vernon Wells
13%
Shea Hillenbrand
No votes
Eric Hinske
38%
Orlando Hudson
25%
Ted Lilly
No votes
Justin Speier
No votes
Scott Schoenweis
No votes

Total votes : 8

Which player is least likely to be a Blue Jay after July 31.

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:16 pm

I'd tend to say the Cat's days are numbered in Toronto, as they frankly don't need him anymore with Gabe Gross coming up.

If J.P. can get any kind of a deal for Frank then i believe he will go for it. He is no longer an extremely important member of this team and he can be parted with.

J.P. also has gone on record numerous times saying that Ted Lilly won't be dealt, and he doesn't really lie outright, so i tend to believe him.

Orlando Hudson i think is a close 2nd in this poll, as i also believe JP will try to deal him to free up room for an Adams/ Hill infield.

If Orlando keeps hitting like last night, he will surely recieve some great offers.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:30 pm

I actually kinda think the Jays will be shopping Gross. I mean, if they want somebody who can actually do something, the team probably wants a prospect. We have many OF in our farm system that will be decent prospects, and we have Cat, Reed, and Rios to fill the gaps in OF.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:48 pm

why isnt miguel batista there, i thought ive heard hes been on the block.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mweir145 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:33 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:why isnt miguel batista there, i thought ive heard hes been on the block.

I know that his name as his been there, but lets get real.

The Jays have their first stable closer since Billy Koch in his prime(and he wasnt really that stable :-[) , and they are going to trade him? I don't think so.

But anyone is allowed to post who they believe is the least likely to stay a Jay, and if thats Miguel Batista for you, i have no problem with you posting it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:41 am

mweir145 wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:why isnt miguel batista there, i thought ive heard hes been on the block.

I know that his name as his been there, but lets get real.

The Jays have their first stable closer since Billy Koch in his prime(and he wasnt really that stable :-[) , and they are going to trade him? I don't think so.

But anyone is allowed to post who they believe is the least likely to stay a Jay, and if thats Miguel Batista for you, i have no problem with you posting it.

i think i read somewhere that JP said he wasn't gonna trade batista...either that or i've been dreaming about JP. i'm sure batista is not untradable, but i imagine the jays would have to get a lot in return for "el artista".

batista has been a nice surprise for me this season. i didn't expect him to be nearly as good as he has been as the closer. batista is 34 and i think his value won't get much higher then this. another thing is his contract...the jays are paying him 4.7 this year which is more than a guy like francisco cordero...not exactly a cheap closer.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:02 am

Sadly, nobody is going to take Hinske without the Jays eating a considerable portion of his salary.

The O-dog is the most tradeable commodity that we have and many teams have expressed interest in him and trading him would open up a spot in the infield for Hill. That would be a shame if you ask me. His defence has kept many runs off of the board and his leadership on this team is undervalued. I think that JP still has hard feelings about that "dressing like a pimp" comment from a couple of years ago.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:06 am

Well, trading closers is part of the Moneyball philosophy. You have to imagine that if the right offer for Batista comes along, the team would give it some serious thought...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:49 pm

I'd like to see them trade Hinske! but as mookie said it will be hard to see another team take him without the Jays eating some salary!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:47 pm

reznorsboy wrote:I'd like to see them trade Hinske! but as mookie said it will be hard to see another team take him without the Jays eating some salary!

his salary?...i think it's hard for another team to take hinske alone. !+)

and i agree on the o-dawg. his D has saved the jays a lot of runs...but his bat has been a disappointment so far...maybe he should quit batting right handed. still...i wouldn't like to see him go.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:22 am

Nobody will take Hinske, so I believe we are stuck with him.

I might change my vote towards the O Dog, because his value is relatively high right now, and I think if JP gets a good offer for him, he will take it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Toronto Blue Jays