The most annoying thing about golf coverage - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The most annoying thing about golf coverage

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is the most annoying thing about golf coverage

The announcers who whisper everything.
15%
Watching guys stand around waiting for their turn.
9%
The jerk who yells out "you're the man!!" whenever Tiger hits his tee shot.
6%
The jerk who yells out "get in the hole!!" whenever Tiger hits a putt.
3%
The fact that they always pre-empt PTI for this nonsense.
21%
That it's on TV at all.
47%

Total votes : 34

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:32 pm

kentx12 wrote:I actually prefer watching golf on TV more than watching it in person. In person you have really no idea what is going on with anyone except the group you are following and if you try to follow a star ie Tiger you cant get close enough to see much of anything.

Looks like we're the only ones who enjoy watching it at all. :-D I've never been to a golf tournament, but I would think watching it on TV would be much more enjoyable. I like being able to know who stands where ASAP and being able to see every key shot as it happens (or on a very short delay if two happen at once). Don't get me wrong there are definitely some things that are annoying, but overall, it's probably my second favorite sport to watch -- after baseball of course. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:33 pm

I hate the announcers.........they are so annoying...not as annoying in NBA though.

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:33 pm

golf over football, saints? 8-o
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:39 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:golf over football, saints? 8-o

I guess it depends on the footbal game and the network covering the golf tournament. I'll definitely watch something like Colts/Patriots or Gators/Vols over the silly season tournaments or anything on ABC :-P not staged in Britian.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby stevethumb » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:14 pm

the most annoying thing about televised golf is the camera work..they follow a ball in flight w/no perspective..it is especially vexing when they follow a putt so closely that the hole is not in frame..what good is that ?!
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:20 pm

Golf is one of my most favourite sports to watch, but if i had to choose one, i guess it would be the pre-empting of PTI.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:51 pm

The most annoying is the accent.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:55 pm

That it's on TV at all. :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:39 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
kentx12 wrote:I actually prefer watching golf on TV more than watching it in person. In person you have really no idea what is going on with anyone except the group you are following and if you try to follow a star ie Tiger you cant get close enough to see much of anything.

Looks like we're the only ones who enjoy watching it at all. :-D I've never been to a golf tournament, but I would think watching it on TV would be much more enjoyable. I like being able to know who stands where ASAP and being able to see every key shot as it happens (or on a very short delay if two happen at once). Don't get me wrong there are definitely some things that are annoying, but overall, it's probably my second favorite sport to watch -- after baseball of course. ;-D

i'm with you guys, i love watching golf on tv ;-D my biggest problem is the unhealthy obsession with tiger. i know he's the most popular player and all, but once in a while, i'd like to see the others get some camera time. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:33 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:

I agree, if you actually play golf and are okay at it, its not that bad to watch.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk