Erik Bedard ? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Erik Bedard ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Erik Bedard ?

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:43 pm

What's up with this guy? :-? 15 day dl as of May 22 8-o .I've had this guy stashed on my team in hopes of him returning.But the Orioles seem to have kept us in the dark about the serious nature of his injury. !+) I wonder when he will REALLY return.I'm wondering if i should just drop em to free up a spot. :-?
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:46 pm

I am thinking the same way, but after holding on to him for so long I'm not giving up on him now..

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mwb743s » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:51 pm

LooseCannon wrote:I am thinking the same way, but after holding on to him for so long I'm not giving up on him now..

Same position I am in-maybe they are just extra cautious! :-o

If I dropped him and he pitched great and I missed him I would be very disappointed!
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby Octavian » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:52 pm

LooseCannon wrote:I am thinking the same way, but after holding on to him for so long I'm not giving up on him now..

Yeah, same here. You can't drop him though... so long as you don't have a dire need for the DL slot, you could do a lot worse than stashing Bedard away with it. He was lights out before he went down, I'm personally holding on until he comes back and let him go a few starts and make my choice then... but dropping him now, I don't advise it. He could be huge for us down the stretch. ;-D
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AT » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:06 pm

Bedard was one of those 10 guys that come by every year and show signs of their breakout season that you can get in FA if you're the first one to the buffet and actually deliver after you pick them up. I'm sooooo pissed that he's been hurt because it's pickups like him that you pick up in FA and start to show signs of top 10 round #s for free that can really fill a hole in your team if they stay healthy. What a D Tease...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyMafia » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:36 pm

I'm a big Bedard fan as well but dropped him a couple weeks ago (DL not an option) because of all the uncertainty. Will just hope that I will be first to pick him back up when the time comes.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djack909 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:12 pm

Let's say Erik comes back in a month. The O's would have 3 series against Texas and TB. 2 vs. Angels, Boston, NY,,Oak, & Tor. 1 vs. Seat & Chic. Not alot of Patsies left for him to pitch against. I'm going to drop him as soon as something worthwhile comes up on the WW.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby benjapage » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:37 pm

as soon as odalis is recovered, i'll grab bedard...hope it works out!

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:47 am

djack909 wrote:Let's say Erik comes back in a month. The O's would have 3 series against Texas and TB. 2 vs. Angels, Boston, NY,,Oak, & Tor. 1 vs. Seat & Chic. Not alot of Patsies left for him to pitch against. I'm going to drop him as soon as something worthwhile comes up on the WW.

Who are the patsies you want him to pitch against in the AL? Wouldn't that be Tampa, Oakland, Toronto, and Seattle? The only team he's misssing is KC. You can't tell which of those teams he's going to start against and which he's not going to. If that's why you're dropping him it's a pretty stupid reason imo.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:54 am

Someone dumped him in my league 2 weeks ago and I was able to nab him. But some discouraging news I've read on him is that the injury he has shouldn't take this long to rehab. Some in the Baltimore organization have begun to question his attitude and motivation. Sounds to me like the same thing the Mets were dealing with in Reyes last year. But with his numbers, I'm glad I was able to get him. You may want to try trading him after he pitches a couple games if you are still worried about his health when he returns or about his upcoming schedule. Letting him go for nothing probably isn't the best thing to do at this point.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers