Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reznorsboy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Boomer is just being Boomer. I would expect nothing less!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:53 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
moochman wrote:Wells has always spoken his mind and now that he sees the end in sight he feels no pressure to sugar-coat things for the EvilEmpire. I think Clements and Pettitte don't say much because they know they could end up back in NY.

Plus I think Wells might be looking at his next career: being a more knowledgeable and fatter Kruk.

Wells knowledgeable? You can't really be serious?

Read what you quote first. I stated that Wells would be a more knowledgeable Kruk!!! It's not like I saying he is as smart as Norman Einstien :-b , just smarter than the over stuffed gerbal(sp) Kruk.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:33 am

reznorsboy wrote:Boomer is just being Boomer. I would expect nothing less!!

You are correct, sir. Therefore, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?)

Postby nuggets » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:03 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
June 27, 2005 -- Red Sox lefty David Wells is predicting GM Brian Cashman will take the fall for the Yankees' problems.
"I don't think George (Steinbrenner) is too happy," Wells told the Boston Globe yesterday, one day after Cashman said he didn't have job security. "I think he is ready to clean house and tell Brian to trade everybody and then fire him."

As for the Yankees' problems, the two-time Yankee distanced himself from them.

"I don't know and I don't care," Wells said. "I am glad where I am at and that's their problem."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/49101.htm

You'd think if this clown really didn't care he'd just shut the hell up. :-?

Do you realize that some a-hole NY reporter probably baited or at least put Wells in a position to answer a question regarding that issue? Additionally, some of it could be taken out of context. Don't make a judgment until you see the whole article or interview.

Do you actually think Wells has been waiting to get his opinion out, as if he called a press conference to release this statement? Get a grip on how "news" is reported- to get a reaction and interest out of you, negative or positive.

Many NY spots "writers" seem like tabloid inspired drama queens to me. Anyone else?

So many Yankees fans have become such big babies since the Sox whooped them in the ALCS !!!
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:05 am

So many Yankees fans have become such big babies since the Sox whooped them in the ALCS !!!

I've noticed that myself. A whole lot less of the cocky, pompous, arrogance that we all grew accustomed to here in New York. They sound a lot like... well, Red Sox fans of recent history now, strangely. Like they can't catch a break. It's laughable.

And, before 82 Yankee fans jump out of their seats with, "I hardly call barely edging out the Yanks in a 7 game series whooping them..." uh, yeah, they got whooped. When you go up 3-0 and drop the next 4 consecutive games, your rear end has to feel sore from the spanking that was laid down upon you. You might as well have been swept; cause after Game 3, you were.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:04 pm

nuggets wrote:So many Yankees fans have become such big babies since the Sox whooped them in the ALCS !!!

Has nothing to do with the Red Sox. If you read the thread, you know that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby nuggets » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:03 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
nuggets wrote:So many Yankees fans have become such big babies since the Sox whooped them in the ALCS !!!

Red Sox, blue sox, purple sox it doesn't matter. The voice of Yankee nation has changed to a whining squeal. It's sad though, because so many Yankee fans are so knowledgeable and respectable. It's that huge group of loudmouth jerks that tarnish the reputation of nearly all of them. :-t It seems to me that many (1/2, 1/3 I don't know) of those loudmouths really aren't Yankee fans but just bandwagon jumpers, anyone else?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:11 pm

nuggets wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Red Sox, blue sox, purple sox it doesn't matter. The voice of Yankee nation has changed to a whining squeal. It's sad though, because so many Yankee fans are so knowledgeable and respectable. It's that huge group of loudmouth jerks that tarnish the reputation of nearly all of them. :-t It seems to me that many (1/2, 1/3 I don't know) of those loudmouths really aren't Yankee fans but just bandwagon jumpers, anyone else?

Living in NY and witnessing this first hand, you don't know how right you are (unless you live here too, of course). I haven't see Yankee fans this defensive and jumpy in a looooong time. No longer are they calm, cool, and collected, at all. There is definitely a state of panic going around. Welcome back to where the rest of us reside. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:13 pm

nuggets wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Ok, I'm just going to pretend you aren't directing any of that at me because that will just piss me off more than you can imagine.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers