Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:03 pm

Wells has always spoken his mind and now that he sees the end in sight he feels no pressure to sugar-coat things for the EvilEmpire. I think Clements and Pettitte don't say much because they know they could end up back in NY.

Plus I think Wells might be looking at his next career: being a more knowledgeable and fatter Kruk.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:32 pm

max1889 wrote:
cookman wrote:I think Steinbrenner should kill Cashman gladiator-style during the seventh inning stretch at an upcoming game at Yankee Stadium in front of the team. That might serve as a wake-up call to his terrible $200 million team.

George is probably comtemplating that right now...

No...that would be too good for Cashman.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:39 pm

moochman wrote:Wells has always spoken his mind and now that he sees the end in sight he feels no pressure to sugar-coat things for the EvilEmpire. I think Clements and Pettitte don't say much because they know they could end up back in NY.

Plus I think Wells might be looking at his next career: being a more knowledgeable and fatter Kruk.

Wells knowledgeable? You can't really be serious? That Cashman's job is in jeapardy is no secret. He is hardly saying anything anyone does not know already and which Cashman has already admitted to.

As for the attitude, please. This is Wells. Why should he sugar coat it anyway? It is not like he was very well liked by most Yankee management anyways. That there has always been a degree of hostility is nothing new.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:49 pm

i loved wells when he was here on the yankees and san diego last year, and now that he's on the red sox i don't love him anymore but looking at the situation that left him to sign with the red sox, i really don't blame him for not caring and going there. bronxbomber, i think you're full of crap as well for saying you never loved wells, the animosity now is because he's a red sox, i guarantee you creamed yourself after his perfect game. sure he bailed on one world series game, but you don't look at all the other times he came up in the clutch for this team.

as far as wells' comments go, like yanks04 said, definitely not something new. whether he was asked or not, he's entitled to his opinion on anything. don't mean to call you out again bronx, but remember when wells said he'd like to burn down fenway park a few years ago? i bet you wouldn't say crap about him saying that, but since he's on the opposite side now, it's a big deal.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Strasil42 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:53 pm

KolbSaves wrote:I love how the Yanks fans loved Boomer when he was there and now hate him. As a Tigers fan I'll always be a Boomer fan too.

Reminds me a lot of pedro and the red sox.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:05 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:I love how the Yanks fans loved Boomer when he was there and now hate him. As a Tigers fan I'll always be a Boomer fan too.

Reminds me a lot of pedro and the red sox.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject :-t
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:25 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:i loved wells when he was here on the yankees and san diego last year, and now that he's on the red sox i don't love him anymore but looking at the situation that left him to sign with the red sox, i really don't blame him for not caring and going there. bronxbomber, i think you're full of crap as well for saying you never loved wells, the animosity now is because he's a red sox, i guarantee you creamed yourself after his perfect game. sure he bailed on one world series game, but you don't look at all the other times he came up in the clutch for this team.

as far as wells' comments go, like yanks04 said, definitely not something new. whether he was asked or not, he's entitled to his opinion on anything. don't mean to call you out again bronx, but remember when wells said he'd like to burn down fenway park a few years ago? i bet you wouldn't say crap about him saying that, but since he's on the opposite side now, it's a big deal.

Alright, first of all, never tell me I'm full of crap. If you don't like my opinion, don't listen to it.

NO, I NEVER loved Wells. I didn't hate him, but he did alot of crap that I didn't like. He comes out with the controversial book, brags about being drunk when he pitched his perfect game, gets into bar fights at 4:00 in the morning, and screws us over in the World Series.

Sorry, but walking off the mound in a crucial World Series game outweighs a perfect game in a meaningless game in May against the Twins in 1998...by just a little, don't you think?

Wells was fine his first time around in NY. But he brought alot of problems the 2nd time around, biggest of all, that one game.

And no, I don't wish to see Fenway Park knocked down. It's probably the most historical park in existence and I have no desire to see it destroyed.

This has nothing to do with him being a Red Sock. The fact is, he's been talking about the Yankees all winter and when something significant is going on with them, he's never at a loss for a quote.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:34 pm

I'm not against anything you're saying. You're entitled to every word of your opinion, whatever it may be. But if you're honestly saying that this has nothing to do with him being on the Sawks, I think you're kidding yourself.

He's never at loss for a quote because, as has been stated, in New England, the press will throw a mic in his face whenever something comes up, knowing it'll sell papers. They did it to Pedro too when he was there. They do it all over the place in New York and Boston. When Bobby Bonilla was a Met, they did it to him. It's not as if David Wells is seeking out these reporters to give them a piece of his mind, and if he was still a Yankee, I'll all but guarantee that's how you'd see it too. We'd hear about the cut throat New York media, and how it portrays him so poorly and this and that. I know, because it's exactly what we heard when Boomer was a Yankee...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 354)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:41 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I'm not against anything you're saying. You're entitled to every word of your opinion, whatever it may be. But if you're honestly saying that this has nothing to do with him being on the Sawks, I think you're kidding yourself.

He's never at loss for a quote because, as has been stated, in New England, the press will throw a mic in his face whenever something comes up, knowing it'll sell papers. They did it to Pedro too when he was there. They do it all over the place in New York and Boston. When Bobby Bonilla was a Met, they did it to him. It's not as if David Wells is seeking out these reporters to give them a piece of his mind, and if he was still a Yankee, I'll all but guarantee that's how you'd see it too. We'd hear about the cut throat New York media, and how it portrays him so poorly and this and that. I know, because it's exactly what we heard when Boomer was a Yankee...

I do not dislike Boomer because he's a Red Sock. In fact, I don't dislike many of the Red Sox players at all. The only thing I think that ties the Red Sox into the equation is that he is on that team, but still talks about the Yankees. Again, it's not like everyone on every team is talking about the Yankees and Boomer is the only one I'm picking on. He just continues to talk about them, and claims he doesn't care. Obviously he does, or he wouldn't say anything at all. I don't understand how you can give a big explanation, and follow that up by saying "I don't know and I don't care." It's like he's giving his real feelings on the situation, then realizing that beacuse he's a Red Sock now, he needs to keep up the impression that he doesn't give a sh!t about the Yankees, they can go to hell.

That just irked me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby blankman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:18 pm

Dude, you're making a huge deal about almost nothing here. Who cares what David Wells thinks? Apparently you do.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers