Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boomer Wells Running his Fat Mouth (What Else is New?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:15 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I don't think he said anything wrong. He was probably asked by a reporter what he thought about the turmoil within the highest profile team in professional sports. Let's be honest, we're all on the edge of our seats waiting to see what George will do.

Your frustration lies not in what Wells said but in the performance of the Yankees this year.

No, I can deal with my Yankee frustration. This guy just pisses me off.

If the reporter asks you a question, you say

I don't know and I don't care. I'm glad where I am and that's their problem."

right off the bat. You don't say what you think will happen, and THEN say you don't know and don't care. That's freakin' idiotic.

Why don't I see stupid quotes like this from Clemens, Pettitte or Soriano if there's nothing wrong with it.

That's Wells' way of speaking his mind yet seeming aloof all at the same time. Crafty.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:27 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I miss him :~(

I hope that's a joke.

It's not. I loved him when he was here and I laugh at him now that he's not. Do I wish he never left? Yep. If you are a good Yankee fan and you didn't like Boomer Wells while he was here you're full of crap.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:29 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I miss him :~(

I hope that's a joke.

It's not. I loved him when he was here and I laugh at him now that he's not. Do I wish he never left? Yep. If you are a good Yankee fan and you didn't like Boomer Wells while he was here you're full of crap.

I didn't love him. He brought alot of crap to the team his second time around. He writes a controversial book, walks of the mound several times after 1 or 2 innings because of his back, including Game 5 of the World Series. Why should I love Wells?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby max1889 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:33 pm

cookman wrote:I think Steinbrenner should kill Cashman gladiator-style during the seventh inning stretch at an upcoming game at Yankee Stadium in front of the team. That might serve as a wake-up call to his terrible $200 million team.

George is probably comtemplating that right now...
max1889
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:40 pm

KolbSaves wrote:I love how the Yanks fans loved Boomer when he was there and now hate him. As a Tigers fan I'll always be a Boomer fan too.

I don't see how that makes him any different from any other former Yankee? :-? ;-7
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:44 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:I love how the Yanks fans loved Boomer when he was there and now hate him. As a Tigers fan I'll always be a Boomer fan too.

I don't see how that makes him any different from any other former Yankee? :-? ;-7

Yeah, that's pretty much par for the course in the Bronx.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby LBJackal » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:35 pm

Wells says exactly what most Yankee fans have been asying for a lonmg time, and all of a sudden he's "running his mouht".

:-b

Somebody probably asked him a question and he answered it... you goons can take any old mole hill and turn it into a mountain, can't you?

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:40 pm

LBJackal wrote:Wells says exactly what most Yankee fans have been asying for a lonmg time, and all of a sudden he's "running his mouht".

Somebody probably asked him a question and he answered it... you goons can take any old mole hill and turn it into a mountain, can't you?

No, but what business is it of Wells? If he doesn't care, as he says he does, why does he get involved at all? It's laughable. It was the same deal in the offseason when he constantly talked about the Yankees.

Pettitte left the Yankees on bad terms. He's handled it in a positive way though. He doesn't deliberately talk about them like Wells continuously does. I just find it laughable that he says he doesn't care about them, but he's the ONE person that you can continue to find quotes from.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Pacman » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:41 pm

Wells said more after yesterday's game, including very gracious things about members of the Yankees organization, particularly Bernie Williams and Brian Cashman:

From today's Boston Globe:

''I don't know and I don't care," the Sox pitcher said. ''I'm glad I'm where I'm at. That's their problem, and you can go ask them.

''But I don't think George [Steinbrenner] is too happy. I think he's about ready to clean house, tell Brian to trade everybody and then fire him. I'll take him, though, because Cashman is a great guy. He's been good to me."

and

Outfielder Bernie Williams has been a recent target of criticism, and last night was benched in favor of Triple A outfielder Kevin Reese. Wells defended his former teammate.

''It's easier to get on Bernie because he's a lot older, and then all the questions come out that he might be over the hill," Wells said. ''I'll take Bernie on my team, any day."
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:54 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Wells says exactly what most Yankee fans have been asying for a lonmg time, and all of a sudden he's "running his mouht".

No, but what business is it of Wells? If he doesn't care, as he says he does, why does he get involved at all? It's laughable. It was the same deal in the offseason when he constantly talked about the Yankees.

Pettitte left the Yankees on bad terms. He's handled it in a positive way though. He doesn't deliberately talk about them like Wells continuously does. I just find it laughable that he says he doesn't care about them, but he's the ONE person that you can continue to find quotes from.

if you dont care about wells why are you bringing this up? you could just as easily title this thread yankee fan thinks world revolves around him, starts running big mouth again. and i dont mean that as condescending as it sounds but right now i cant think of a more tactful way to say it.

as was mentioned earlier, someone asked him a question and he answered it. i dont see the problem with it. i think the main reason pettite, clemens, and those guys arent talking about NY is that they are no longer in the area. boston/new york media ask questions like that so they can sell papers. they stick a mic in front of wells or schil or whoever until they get something that will stir up some interest. midwest/south tend not to pander as much to sensationalism.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers