Michelle Wie @ the US WOMEN'S OPEN - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Michelle Wie @ the US WOMEN'S OPEN

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:40 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:psst...did you hear that nobody finished the men's US open under par.

The score has nothing to do with whether the golf is good or not. And the Open the week before didn't have most of the field completely collapse on the final day, at least that's what I gathered from watching NBC's lead in and the hour and a half I watched. I assume you weren't watching, but Tiger and Campbell on the back nine Sunday was extremely compelling, at least to golf fans. That's one of the things I really like about the US Open. They don't try to appease the masses by having a birdie-fest, rather defending par and testing every facet of your game tee to green and most importantly between your ears They strive to -- and almost always succed in -- determining the best golfer, not just the one that sucked the least on Sunday.


hmmm....and I thought that the winner holed out from the trap to get a birdie on the 18th hole to win it - a hole that had not given up a birdie the entire tournament. :-?

We should have a poll for the most annoying things about watching golf on TV. Is it:

1) the announcers whispering everything?
2) the jerk that screams out "you're the man!!" as soon as Tiger hits his tee shot?
3) the jerk that yells out "get in the hole!!!" as soon as someone hits a putt?
4) the fact that it should just be called Tiger TV since he gets all of the coverage even if he's not in contention?

I'm not a big golf fan. ;-)
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 261)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:hmmm....and I thought that the winner holed out from the trap to get a birdie on the 18th hole to win it - a hole that had not given up a birdie the entire tournament. :-?

My point exactly. Holing out from a bunker is like a hole in one -- complete luck.

Mookie4ever wrote:We should have a poll for the most annoying things about watching golf on TV. Is it:

1) the announcers whispering everything?
2) the jerk that screams out "you're the man!!" as soon as Tiger hits his tee shot?
3) the jerk that yells out "get in the hole!!!" as soon as someone hits a putt?
4) the fact that it should just be called Tiger TV since he gets all of the coverage even if he's not in contention?

How about all of the above except No 4.

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm not a big golf fan. ;-)

But then again you like hockey........
;-7
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:46 pm

Image

Back to what this post is about ...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby bceagles04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:54 pm

Image

a little more of what this thread is about
Image
bceagles04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3089
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at my computer

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:55 pm

I wish I had a picture of her from yesterday....in pink with a short skirt on ohhhh yeaaa giiggity giggity giggity
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah, she'll be really hott one of these days. It's a little wierd though since she's 15 and these old dudes are talking about her. :-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:01 pm

If you didn't know there's no way you would guess she's just 15, at least I wouldn't, she looks as old as most college girls.
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:59 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:psst...did you hear that nobody finished the men's US open under par.

The score has nothing to do with whether the golf is good or not. And the Open the week before didn't have most of the field completely collapse on the final day, at least that's what I gathered from watching NBC's lead in and the hour and a half I watched. I assume you weren't watching, but Tiger and Campbell on the back nine Sunday was extremely compelling, at least to golf fans. That's one of the things I really like about the US Open. They don't try to appease the masses by having a birdie-fest, rather defending par and testing every facet of your game tee to green and most importantly between your ears They strive to -- and almost always succed in -- determining the best golfer, not just the one that sucked the least on Sunday.


hmmm....and I thought that the winner holed out from the trap to get a birdie on the 18th hole to win it - a hole that had not given up a birdie the entire tournament. :-?

We should have a poll for the most annoying things about watching golf on TV. Is it:

1) the announcers whispering everything?
2) the jerk that screams out "you're the man!!" as soon as Tiger hits his tee shot?
3) the jerk that yells out "get in the hole!!!" as soon as someone hits a putt?
4) the fact that it should just be called Tiger TV since he gets all of the coverage even if he's not in contention?

I'm not a big golf fan. ;-)


Mookie.......Actually:

1. They only whisper when they are either a course reporter near the action or the tower is really close to the action on the 18th green.
2. That is retarded. I agree. They do it for other golfers as well.
3. What is even more retarded is when they do it when they tee off.......on a par 4 or 5.
4. I agree but he is the king of the PGA tour, he gets ratings, and he has done wonder for the coverage of the sport.

And so I don't get in any trouble, Michelle Wie is very pretty. ;-D

I also believe that the 18th hole hadn't yielded a birdie on 18 on Sunday but there were 3 or 4 for the entire tournament. Either way, as talented as Kim is, she was very lucky. It was a great feat to get up and down from that bunker and she holed it out. Considering that she is 1 of the worst bunker players on tour, she got very lucky.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:09 am

she is hot but prolly on the roids!! :-b
Image
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2617
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sunnyvale Trailer Park

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:36 am

reznorsboy wrote:she is hot but prolly on the roids!! :-b

Hehe. Actually she is proof that length off the tee is a result of flexibilty (her follow through is unbelievabe 8-o) and hitting it on the screws time in and time out.
Image
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 6480
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Swiping second

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:38 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact