Jaret Wright - 60 day DL??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jaret Wright - 60 day DL???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jaret Wright - 60 day DL???

Postby Jester » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:26 am

Updating previous items, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports the New York Yankees transferred SP Jaret Wright (shoulder) from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list Sunday, June 26.


What does this mean?? Is it retroactive back to some date way back when? Is it as of yesterday?? I thought he was doing well...
Image
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 506
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In SKYDOME, thats right, SKYDOME

Postby Webster11 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:43 am

Ya, I was wondering the same thing
Image
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1110
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mamorris » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 pm

Yeah, it's retroactive back to when he went on the DL. They normally do this to get another player on the 40-man roster, so his return date hasn't been altered (whenever that is).
mamorris
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 299
Joined: 8 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Rirruto » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:24 pm

It's strictly a paperwork move, doesn't mean anything since it's retroactive since the last time he played.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:24 pm

The longer he is gone...the better fo rthe Yanks. Wright is awful.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:25 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:The longer he is gone...the better fo rthe Yanks. Wright is awful.


No doubt. I can't believe they gave that stiff $7M a year!
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:28 pm

One word...Cashman. Lieber 8M for 1 year or Wright 21M for 3. Could not admit he screwed up and fork over 3 years to Lieber and went out and compounded one mistake with another by giving a 3 year deal to Wright instead.

And just to pound on Cashman some more, he was negotiating with Milton too and it did not work out. This guy must look for the biggest losers he can find. Can you imagine Milton in NY?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:01 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:One word...Cashman. Lieber 8M for 1 year or Wright 21M for 3. Could not admit he screwed up and fork over 3 years to Lieber and went out and compounded one mistake with another by giving a 3 year deal to Wright instead.

And just to pound on Cashman some more, he was negotiating with Milton too and it did not work out. This guy must look for the biggest losers he can find. Can you imagine Milton in NY?


Milton would have been killed on his subway ride home one day after giving up 3 or 4 HRs in a game. At least the Yanks wouldn't have been on the hook for 3 years...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Krunk City King$ » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:07 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:One word...Cashman. Lieber 8M for 1 year or Wright 21M for 3. Could not admit he screwed up and fork over 3 years to Lieber and went out and compounded one mistake with another by giving a 3 year deal to Wright instead.

And just to pound on Cashman some more, he was negotiating with Milton too and it did not work out. This guy must look for the biggest losers he can find. Can you imagine Milton in NY?


Milton would have been killed on his subway ride home one day after giving up 3 or 4 HRs in a game. At least the Yanks wouldn't have been on the hook for 3 years...


:-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1613
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:10 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:One word...Cashman. Lieber 8M for 1 year or Wright 21M for 3. Could not admit he screwed up and fork over 3 years to Lieber and went out and compounded one mistake with another by giving a 3 year deal to Wright instead.

And just to pound on Cashman some more, he was negotiating with Milton too and it did not work out. This guy must look for the biggest losers he can find. Can you imagine Milton in NY?


Milton would have been killed on his subway ride home one day after giving up 3 or 4 HRs in a game. At least the Yanks wouldn't have been on the hook for 3 years...


Like Milton would be taking the subway. He would be spending some of that money he was "earning" on a contigent of 500 armed, personal body guards and some helicopters that would have had to escort him Presidential style out of the Bronx each night.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Skin Blues and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Apr. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Texas
(2:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(3:45 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(6:40 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact