Chipper Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chipper Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby checkers » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:15 am

Jul. 1 Chipper Jones (OF) Atl was given permission to remove his protective boot on Thursday and take some swings off of a tee, according to the Braves official site. Jones is suffering from a partially torn ligament in his left foot. He will be re-evaluated July 7 in Atlanta.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki Barber's Barber » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:03 pm

checkers wrote:Jul. 1 Chipper Jones (OF) Atl was given permission to remove his protective boot on Thursday and take some swings off of a tee, according to the Braves official site. Jones is suffering from a partially torn ligament in his left foot. He will be re-evaluated July 7 in Atlanta.

im assuming this is the good news we've been waiting for from the doctor? :-)
Tiki Barber's Barber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby orakana » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:09 am

checkers wrote:Jul. 1 Chipper Jones (OF) Atl was given permission to remove his protective boot on Thursday and take some swings off of a tee, according to the Braves official site. Jones is suffering from a partially torn ligament in his left foot. He will be re-evaluated July 7 in Atlanta.

I don't like that part about the ligament. I could go out and get Melvin Mora possibly, but I'm in 1st at the moment and don't want to have to pay the price for a Mora, esp when I have Figgins filling in nicely for Jones. Either way, partially torn ligament doesn't seem like something fixed with a boot, he'll come back and hurt himself again round the bases or something, I think this could become a Griffey type situation with a nagging injury.
orakana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby checkers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:35 am

Jones (foot) was able to hit off a tee and do toe raises and other exercises without major problems on Wednesday. "There's still some discomfort on the bottom of my foot from the bone bruise, but the ligament seemed stable. I was able to let it go," he told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

He's still several weeks away from returning, but this was a major step forward. In a few days he may be cleared to take live batting practice and then perhaps do some runnning drills. A return in late July is possible if all goes well.
checkers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pappymojo » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:25 am

Chipper Jones (foot) started at third base for Single-A Rome tonight and went 1-for-3 with two RBI and a walk while playing seven innings.
''I felt pretty good,'' Jones told the Rome News Tribune. ''It was fine swinging the bat, fine defensively, (but there was) a little discomfort running the bases. I didn't do all that bad.'' Jones is hoping to return to Atlanta's lineup on Monday.

from rotoworld.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:01 am

Well, it's only low-A pitching, but another solid game.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/ ... &fext=.jsp

However, I'll be curious to see how he does playing defense and whether he can actually get an extra-base hit while he's there. His first week back may not be that hot.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates