It's official - Tom Cruise is insane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

It's official - Tom Cruise is insane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:54 pm

Just so we don't start a big debate over nothing here, I just wanted to make clear that by no means am I bashing Christianity, and if anyone took my last post in any kind or insultful way, I apologize.

j_d made some good points that I didn't know about, aka the charging for religion etc. Obviously that discredits Scientology as a true religion if that is true and sort of weakens my comparison.

But the main point still stands that if Tom was Islamic for instance, any preaching of his beliefs would be vilified if they conflicted with widespread Christian doctrine.

Things that are different always seem strange. Scientology seems to be the outlier, something that not only sounds strange, but freaking wacko. But let's get a little patriotic here and be thankful Tom can believe whatever crazy ass stuff he wants.

Anway, just wanted to say that so it didn't turn into a pro-christian anti-christian argument. ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:24 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:he is insane but it doesnt have anything to do with katie holmes. scientology has him really messed up and its pretty sad when you think about it. he is devoting his life and fortune to a "religion" that was invented by a science fiction writer who was once quoted as saying something to the effect of if you want to make a lot of money you should invent your own religion.

You better watch what you say, or the great galatic ruler XENU will paralyze you, stack you by a volcano and then detonate a hydrogen bomb :-D
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:43 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Katie Holmes is no great catch for Tom Cruise. If he was sane he could get any woman in Hollywood that he wanted considering his looks, his clout and his money. Holmes is kindof a plain-looking nobody isn't she?

I rate Katie Holmes up there as one of the better looking girls around. Not to mention you are forgetting that she is definately wife-material!!!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:46 pm

RynMan wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Katie Holmes is no great catch for Tom Cruise. If he was sane he could get any woman in Hollywood that he wanted considering his looks, his clout and his money. Holmes is kindof a plain-looking nobody isn't she?

I rate Katie Holmes up there as one of the better looking girls around. Not to mention you are forgetting that she is definately wife-material!!!

How do you know?? Did you grow up with her??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:40 am

bigh0rt wrote:They should add 'no religion' to the 'No spittin', no swearin', no politics' at the top of the forum :-D

i think they should add "no tom cruise"
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:47 am

Lofunzo wrote:
RynMan wrote:

How do you know?? Did you grow up with her??

Yes
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk