It's official - Tom Cruise is insane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

It's official - Tom Cruise is insane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:09 pm

[Edit---Inappropriate even somewhat edited Acs.]

Whoops my bad ;-7
Last edited by acsguitar on Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:15 pm

Lofunzo wrote: If he is acting legit, he is really whipped. :-°

not sure about katie holmes but i would totally act whipped for a piece of elisha cuthbert. ;-D
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:18 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
Lofunzo wrote: If he is acting legit, he is really whipped. :-°

not sure about katie holmes but i would totally act whipped for a piece of elisha cuthbert. ;-D
yea me too..but If i was in hollywood I'd be a mantramp
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Phatferd » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:00 am

check this out guy's this is absolutely hilarious stuff...

It has to do with Tom Cruise on Oprah...

http://gorillamask.net/cookkimmel.shtml
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:38 am

Phatferd wrote:check this out guy's this is absolutely hilarious stuff...

Why did I click the link and watch it a second time 8-o ? Silly enough the first time around. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:06 am

Madison wrote:
Phatferd wrote:check this out guy's this is absolutely hilarious stuff...

Why did I click the link and watch it a second time 8-o ? Silly enough the first time around. :-b

Agreed. Quite silly but still good. ;-D

Just saw the last part. Funny stuff. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:57 am

Let's get a bit of perspective here ok?

I agree Scientology sounds a bit cooky and out there, but look at any Religion and there is stuff that sounds just friggin hilarious. Mary had a baby without sex? Jonah was swallowed by a whale? Noah's Ark? The garden of Eden? An omnipotent God who has always been and always will be?

Beliefs that are accepted without much criticism in a dominant Christian culture, but that could be looked upon from outside as insane.

So, call Cruise a nut if you must (by all means he might be) but let's not get too high and mighty. People believe in different things.

What I have noticed is Tom atleast has good intentions. He is trying to speak out against things he doesn't believe in (referring to medication of rittalin etc) trying to make a change for the better.

Is this an actors place to be doing that, speaking about things that are outside his field? No. But atleast he's trying to express his opinion in an effort to help others according to his opinion. Basically a Jehovah's witness for Scientologists.

So, my conclusion is Tom may be a nut, he may be brainwashing Katie, but if he was Christian and speaking about these things he would be celebrated, where as he is now being demonized.

BY no means am I supporting Scientology, let's just get that straight. ;-D
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:30 pm

Irish wrote:Let's get a bit of perspective here ok?

I agree Scientology sounds a bit cooky and out there, but look at any Religion and there is stuff that sounds just friggin hilarious.

So, call Cruise a nut if you must (by all means he might be) but let's not get too high and mighty. People believe in different things.

What I have noticed is Tom atleast has good intentions. He is trying to speak out against things he doesn't believe in (referring to medication of rittalin etc) trying to make a change for the better.

;-D

i thought about that. honestly i did. religion is a personal subject thats quite touchy and something i didnt want to just comment on willy nilly. i even debated replying to this. but the fact is many countries dont recognize scientology as a religion and any description of it seems like rogue psychiatry seeking tax free status. while other religions ask for money, no other "religion" that i can think of actually charges its followers for treatment. it is a requirement to pay them in order to be healed. my feelings toward scientology arent based upon their beliefs, but how the organization operates.

while i agree with some things tom said in principal (primarily that there may be an overmedication trend, especially in hollywood), i think it is quite reckless for anyone without a proper degree to be dispensing medical advice. furthermore, the psychiatric treatments that cruise/scientologists are supporting havent been published for peer review. many of the other things he says are urban myths or half truths. in fact the story gets a little stranger. a group calling itself a psychiatric watchdog has come forward to support cruise and say that what he said on the show was accurate and truthful. however, that group was formed by scientologists.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby WharfRat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 pm

I agree Scientology sounds a bit cooky and out there, but look at any Religion and there is stuff that sounds just friggin hilarious. Mary had a baby without sex? Jonah was swallowed by a whale? Noah's Ark? The garden of Eden? An omnipotent God who has always been and always will be?

Beliefs that are accepted without much criticism in a dominant Christian culture, but that could be looked upon from outside as insane.

Is this an actors place to be doing that, speaking about things that are outside his field? No. But atleast he's trying to express his opinion in an effort to help others according to his opinion. Basically a Jehovah's witness for Scientologists.

So, my conclusion is Tom may be a nut, he may be brainwashing Katie, but if he was Christian and speaking about these things he would be celebrated, where as he is now being demonized.

;-D ;-D ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:14 pm

This couldn't be more true. How easily we criticize others for doing things we do under a different banner on our own.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk