It's official - Tom Cruise is insane - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

It's official - Tom Cruise is insane

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:56 am

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:any one here can give me a summary of Scientology?

Being an atheist, I can't see Religion mixing with Science. :-[


Ummm, I took a theology class in high school and we briefly discussed Scientology. The following might mot be 100% accurate but it is pretty close. I swear I am not making this up. If anyone knows more about Scientology than me feel free to correct me as I do not see myself as an "expert" on this matter.

Actually, I found this article which states everything I was about to type. It is all exactly what I was taught, so no matter how unbelievable it sounds, it is really what the scientologist believe in.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/8412/gregg/21COSET.HTM

Here is another website that is more concise than the first:
http://www.madvillelaw.net/scientology.htm


I saw the first site, laughed, then clicked the second one to see what Scientology is REALLY.


Now- I am speechless.

People

believe

that?!

8-o 8-o 8-o
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1490
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: heckling JD Drew

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:14 am

Shadow of the Sun* wrote:
hongfu_chen wrote:any one here can give me a summary of Scientology?

Being an atheist, I can't see Religion mixing with Science. :-[


Ummm, I took a theology class in high school and we briefly discussed Scientology. The following might mot be 100% accurate but it is pretty close. I swear I am not making this up. If anyone knows more about Scientology than me feel free to correct me as I do not see myself as an "expert" on this matter.

Actually, I found this article which states everything I was about to type. It is all exactly what I was taught, so no matter how unbelievable it sounds, it is really what the scientologist believe in.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/8412/gregg/21COSET.HTM

Here is another website that is more concise than the first:
http://www.madvillelaw.net/scientology.htm


Poor Katie. Now I understand why Tom Cruise is so crazy, he's still being controlled by tethans.

This is way more Scientific Fiction than anything else.

I can't believe that there are people dumb enough to believe that.

All I can say is.

:-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P


The man(the creator) is low
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:29 am

:-S

Um......weird thread.

:-S
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:40 am

They should add 'no religion' to the 'No spittin', no swearin', no politics' at the top of the forum :-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24815
(Past Year: 360)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby PlayingWithFire » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:52 am

after watching this for the 5th time, I am starting to feel sorry for Tom. :-[
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby Laean » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:14 am

i don't know anything about scientology, but it seems to me like a lot of actors - HOLLYWOOD actors in particular - are into it no? maybe scientology has like some amount of influence on the movie industry, so a lot of actors/actresses feel the pressure to join it to further their careers, not because they actually believe its spiritual views.

this is all just pure speculation.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:09 am

Madison wrote::-S

Um......weird thread.

:-S




weird thread about a weird person :-D :-D


but i would love to know what katie was thinking,,, she could get about any man she wants, and she gets cruise 8-o
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:27 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
Madison wrote::-S

Um......weird thread.

:-S




weird thread about a weird person :-D :-D


but i would love to know what katie was thinking,,, she could get about any man she wants, and she gets cruise 8-o


Katie Holmes is no great catch for Tom Cruise. If he was sane he could get any woman in Hollywood that he wanted considering his looks, his clout and his money. Holmes is kindof a plain-looking nobody isn't she?
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 280)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:17 am

Laean wrote:i don't know anything about scientology, but it seems to me like a lot of actors - HOLLYWOOD actors in particular - are into it no? maybe scientology has like some amount of influence on the movie industry, so a lot of actors/actresses feel the pressure to join it to further their careers, not because they actually believe its spiritual views.

this is all just pure speculation.


the published list of scientologists contains a few big names but all things considered is pretty small. maybe there are more that arent out of the closet. there may be something to the theory though since no sane person would greenlight battlefield earth and john travolta somehow keeps finding work.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3766
Joined: 1 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: bored at work

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:40 pm

Don't scientologists belive that aliens founded the earth and stuff like that.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bleach168 and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact