Out of the Park 6 -- Baseball Simulator - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Out of the Park 6 -- Baseball Simulator

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby so0perspam » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:35 pm

I paid for the CD, don't know much about the download.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm

so0perspam wrote:I paid for the CD, don't know much about the download.


The way they have it at the WebStore, is you have to buy the download for $19.99 but you can also tack on the CD-ROM for an extra $10.

I like the security of having the CD, I just don't understand why they force you to get both.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:30 pm

Perhaps instead of spending $10 on the CD-ROM, I should pay the same price for the OOTP 6.5 Expansion Pack?

I read a little bit about it and it seems like it just upgrades the gameplay and betters the AI. Could be worth it, as I really don't want to spend more than $30 on this.

So it's:

$20 Download + $10 CD-ROM

or

$20 Download + $9.95 Expansion Pack

I wish I knew how trustworthy the download was, and what happens if it gets erased from my computer... :-?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:21 pm

I've been playing the OOTP series since OOTP3, and have seen customer service within the series take a serious downhill plunge. This OOTP 6.5 servicepack is the joke of all jokes. All we heard since December was how they had no time to create patches to fix glitches in the game (like the pitcher in the Setup role getting an uncanny number of Save Ops, and the designated Closer not getting nearly enough) and then, once they patch a few things, they drop 6.5 on us. A super patch with a catch. The game is great, don't get me wrong. I'm just bitter having watched the series turn from a great engine with top notch support, to something that's inconsistent at best, and seems to have a new money making priority (I know it was always a priority...) as opposed to putting out a great product.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I've been playing the OOTP series since OOTP3, and have seen customer service within the series take a serious downhill plunge. This OOTP 6.5 servicepack is the joke of all jokes. All we heard since December was how they had no time to create patches to fix glitches in the game (like the pitcher in the Setup role getting an uncanny number of Save Ops, and the designated Closer not getting nearly enough) and then, once they patch a few things, they drop 6.5 on us. A super patch with a catch. The game is great, don't get me wrong. I'm just bitter having watched the series turn from a great engine with top notch support, to something that's inconsistent at best, and seems to have a new money making priority (I know it was always a priority...) as opposed to putting out a great product.


Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably stay away from that.

Do you have any advice on the CD-ROM thing? Is it worth the extra 10 dollars or is the electronic download all you need?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:33 pm

I've never had a problem with just the download, and haven't gotten the CD-Rom since they stopped selling them in local electronic stores. They send you an ID that you can use on two computers, and I'm told that they don't give trouble if for some reason you need another one for some reason. So, if you're going to spend the 30, I wouldn't waste it on the CD that I've never had to use.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:37 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I've never had a problem with just the download, and haven't gotten the CD-Rom since they stopped selling them in local electronic stores. They send you an ID that you can use on two computers, and I'm told that they don't give trouble if for some reason you need another one for some reason. So, if you're going to spend the 30, I wouldn't waste it on the CD that I've never had to use.


Thanks man. I definately appreciate the help. ;-D
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:51 pm

Ok, I just bought and installed OOTP 6.

Can anyone help me out as to where I can find the download to import the real players names?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:21 pm

Check out the forums at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com

I used to have it all, but recently stopped playing OOTP all together, so deleted all my links. But, you'll definitely find it within their message boards. ;-D You're very welcome for the help. I hope you enjoy the sim.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 326)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:36 pm

How about MVP....they have an Owner Mode is that what you are looking for??
Image

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4769
Joined: 17 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In leather chair surfing the World Wide Web

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact