Cantu is Better than Blalock....anyone disagree? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cantu is Better than Blalock....anyone disagree?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cantu is Better than Blalock....anyone disagree?

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:51 pm

please discuss
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 58
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jjigglers » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:02 pm

If you're going to make the claim, lets see your evidence first.
jjigglers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 996
Joined: 30 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:05 pm

i disagree. no thx on the discussion.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:12 pm

ok..in 30 less at bats,Cantu has the same # of HRs and 2 more rbis...he is batting 20 points higher than Blalock...he doesnt have any where the number of walks but that might come with maturity....he is 2 years younger than Hank..he is in a lineup that cant be compared to the studly Texas lineup and has zero protection....in 360 at bats last year in AAA he hit 22 hrs and had 80 rbis while hitting 300,not bad for a 22 year old kid..
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 58
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:23 pm

Cantu has definitely been impressive but I think it's a little premature to say he's better than Blalock.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:33 pm

That's kind of like saying that Brady Clark and Jeromy Burnitz are both better than Beltran because their numbers right now are better. You're looking at a very small sample size. No knock on Cantu, but there's no way to prove he's better than Blalock at this point.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13710
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Building a metric. And being ignorable and stupid.

Postby Kingctb27 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:36 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:That's kind of like saying that Brady Clark and Jeromy Burnitz are both better than Beltran because their numbers right now are better. You're looking at a very small sample size. No knock on Cantu, but there's no way to prove he's better than Blalock at this point.

Exactly......
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby j24jags » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:40 pm

Amazinz wrote:Cantu has definitely been impressive but I think it's a little premature to say he's better than Blalock.

Big Pimpin wrote:That's kind of like saying that Brady Clark and Jeromy Burnitz are both better than Beltran because their numbers right now are better. You're looking at a very small sample size. No knock on Cantu, but there's no way to prove he's better than Blalock at this point.


GUINNESS, its totally premature for that argument
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bselig » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:20 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:That's kind of like saying that Brady Clark and Jeromy Burnitz are both better than Beltran because their numbers right now are better. You're looking at a very small sample size. No knock on Cantu, but there's no way to prove he's better than Blalock at this point.

Exactly......


Wrong, it isn't. Cantu is younger and having a better season. Beltran is younger than both Clark and Burnitz. By the way, Burnitz has a higher career ops than Beltran. Beltran was/is one of the more overrated players in baseball and is currently getting overpaid. Anyway, I am not prepared to go out on a limb and say Cantu is better than Blalock, but he's younger, doesn't play in as much of a hitter's park, and is better so far this season. As far as fantasy value goes, this season, he's obviously been better based on his 2b eligibility. Not only are Cantu owners getting more value out of him than Blalock owners are getting out of Blalock, but they are also probably getting it from a free agent pickup or at worst a very late round draft. 2005 scoring for Cantu v. Blalock goes like this right now: Cantu 1, Blalock zero.
Image
[b][size=35]25[/size][/b]
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 948
Joined: 3 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GUINNESS » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:33 pm

thanks Bud.... ;-)
GUINNESS
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 58
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact