MLB.TV: useless on the weekends? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

MLB.TV: useless on the weekends?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reznorsboy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:04 am

Used to have Mlb.tv and it was ok, but now I have Mlb Extra innings and man is it awesome. Way better than MLB.tv because it is on my tv and therefore I can use my computer. There is also no blips in the feed. Well worth the money!!
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WittyC » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:26 am

reznorsboy wrote:Used to have Mlb.tv and it was ok, but now I have Mlb Extra innings and man is it awesome. Way better than MLB.tv because it is on my tv and therefore I can use my computer. There is also no blips in the feed. Well worth the money!!

How is DirecTV, though, for other stuff? Looks like it's pretty similar price-wise to what I'm paying for digital (although I get a butt-load of crappy, free movie channels).

Plus $170.00 sounds pretty steep... how does it work? Are you still blacked out to games and stuff?

Just curious b/c I obviously have some MLB.TV issues here, but I don't feel like I'm getting my baseball fill this year and might consider looking into this for '06. ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby King Tim » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:10 pm

WittyC wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:Used to have Mlb.tv and it was ok, but now I have Mlb Extra innings and man is it awesome. Way better than MLB.tv because it is on my tv and therefore I can use my computer. There is also no blips in the feed. Well worth the money!!

How is DirecTV, though, for other stuff? Looks like it's pretty similar price-wise to what I'm paying for digital (although I get a butt-load of crappy, free movie channels).

Plus $170.00 sounds pretty steep... how does it work? Are you still blacked out to games and stuff?

Just curious b/c I obviously have some MLB.TV issues here, but I don't feel like I'm getting my baseball fill this year and might consider looking into this for '06. ;-D

Extra Innings is still going to black you out Witty. I have the same problem as you here in Vegas. The Dodgers, Angels, A's, Giants, Padres, and D-backs all claim Vegas as their market. It wasn't worth the money to me. It's great if you live in an MLB city (Not sure about L.A. and N.Y.) because you get EVERY game.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mikegp » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:15 pm

jeffwarsh wrote:I live in Canada and it is not blacked out for me. Try that proxy thing people were talking about and choose something in Canada, that might work.

I'm in Canada as well. In fact I live in Toronto and not even the Blue Jays games are blacked out for some reason!
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KolbSaves » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:17 pm

It seems strange to me. One of the main reasons I would be interested in buying it is to see the 1/3 of Tigers games that aren't aired on t.v. locally.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:51 pm

Does setting a canadian proxy really work?? If so I'll try it..however, I think they go by your credit card not by your proxy to determine where you are located
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:52 pm

acsguitar wrote:Does setting a canadian proxy really work?? If so I'll try it..however, I think they go by your credit card not by your proxy to determine where you are located

They go by your IP adress so if you use a proxy to change it then it will work. However once you do it so many times they start asking for your credit card info.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Does setting a canadian proxy really work?? If so I'll try it..however, I think they go by your credit card not by your proxy to determine where you are located

They go by your IP adress so if you use a proxy to change it then it will work. However once you do it so many times they start asking for your credit card info.
hmm interesting got any good proxies?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby swyck » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:07 pm

nikku88 wrote:Try living in Japan. Every game is blacked out. :~(

Why would the games be blacked out in Japan? I can see some of the weekly national broadcast games, but shouldn't everything else be on?
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers