Haren vs. Mulder - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Haren vs. Mulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mwb743s » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:35 pm

stevethumb wrote:on a non-fantasy note...dharen makes 15x less $$ than mmulder

This is very true! Just think if Oakland would have taken Ankiel instead of Haren :-? 8-o , Sorry just a little dream I had! :-D
Remember "I" before "E", except in Budweiser
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby The Jury » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Mark Mulder does have some things to straighten out, but when he's on his game he is without a doubt better than Danny Haren. When Mulder has a normal year, he's on of the top pitchers in his league.

The A's, being a small market team, got what they could from the Cards when they let Mulder go, but if money wasn't an issue, Mark Mulder is the better pitcher.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pangbones » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:51 pm

RynMan wrote:
stevethumb wrote:on a non-fantasy note...dharen makes 15x less $$ than mmulder

Agreed. People are still reserving hope for Mulder, I'm not so optimistic. :-/

Neither am I. He looks like he has no arm strength. Throwing too many meatballs.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby RynMan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:57 pm

The Jury wrote:The A's, being a small market team, got what they could from the Cards when they let Mulder go, but if money wasn't an issue, Mark Mulder is the better pitcher.

He hasn't shown it yet this year. On top of that his numbers would be even worse if he were in the AL.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:24 am

RynMan wrote:
The Jury wrote:The A's, being a small market team, got what they could from the Cards when they let Mulder go, but if money wasn't an issue, Mark Mulder is the better pitcher.

He hasn't shown it yet this year. On top of that his numbers would be even worse if he were in the AL.

Absolutely. If memory serves, the era in the AL is generally half a run higher than in the NL. So bump Mulders 4.75 era up to 5.25 in the AL...
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:28 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Absolutely. If memory serves, the era in the AL is generally half a run higher than in the NL. So bump Mulders 4.75 era up to 5.25 in the AL...

Great point AA. Mulder's past can't be debated, but Haren has simply been better this year, and that's after an April that left both Oakland and Fantasy Owners ready to tell him to try his hand at a new career. :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:51 am

RynMan wrote:

You know what I think is amazing, how people are soo quick to jump all over a guy like Zito, but cover up the name and Mulder is a waivor wire pitcher aswell! Of course I am disregarding track record...
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:22 pm

zito's numbers lately are definitely better than waiver wire material... but in the beginning i was hearing some say drop him. too bad it didn't happen in any of my leagues. :-/
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:25 pm

RynMan wrote:
RynMan wrote:

You know what I think is amazing, how people are soo quick to jump all over a guy like Zito, but cover up the name and Mulder is a waivor wire pitcher aswell! Of course I am disregarding track record...

Cy Young award can carry you a long way (for the wrong reasons). "Potential" and "Age" are the most dangerous words in fantasy baseball. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers