The official Cashman and Stottlemeyer will be fired thread. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The official Cashman and Stottlemeyer will be fired thread.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:41 am

I have said it before and I will say it again...this team has way to many problems to fix with any one deal. It either rights itself or it is going to continue to flounder and ultimately sink. If the July 31st deadline approaches and they are hopelessly out of it, they should cut bait and trade off whatever they can for prospects and young players that could help for 06 and beyond.

Keeping guys like Gordon around for the final 2 months of a lost cause makes absolutley no sense since he is a FA next year. Same for anyone else not in the longterm plans. You could even argue dealing Posada now would make a whole lot of sense since his contract is over after 06 and he will be too old to re-sign as a catcher longterm imo. Regardless, if they go and trade Wang or Cano or young prospects for some quick fix they are only making the problem worse and letting any of the TB crowd or Cashman cut bait is is a mistake as they have proven inept. If they cut bait they should do so with someone who actually has a clue...namely by naming Michael interim GM or something and letting him do it.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:48 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Regardless, if they go and trade Wang or Cano or young prospects for some quick fix they are only making the problem worse and letting any of the TB crowd or Cashman cut bait is is a mistake as they have proven inept. If they cut bait they should do so with someone who actually has a clue...namely by naming Michael interim GM or something and letting him do it.


Cashman has repeatedly said he is not interested in trading either Wang or Cano for veterans. If either of these two don't finish the season in pinstripes, you can safely bet the decision came from TB.
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 683
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:49 am

rmeesig wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Regardless, if they go and trade Wang or Cano or young prospects for some quick fix they are only making the problem worse and letting any of the TB crowd or Cashman cut bait is is a mistake as they have proven inept. If they cut bait they should do so with someone who actually has a clue...namely by naming Michael interim GM or something and letting him do it.


Cashman has repeatedly said he is not interested in trading either Wang or Cano for veterans. If either of these two don't finish the season in pinstripes, you can safely bet the decision came from TB.


I might just take a visit to TB if they aren't both in pinstripes at the end of the year... :-C
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:59 am

Really. It does not take a rocket scientist to analyze the faults with this team and relaize that no one or two players are turning it around. Our CF is done. We have 2 1bs who are done. We have Womack who is a joke no matter where he plays. We have 3/5 of the starting rotation not doing anything close to expectations or total wastes of food. And everyone in the pen save for Mo and Gordon are pretty much mediocre to lousy.

And if you look atthe lack of chemistry, the lack of heart and the general malaisse on this team...well draw your own conclusions. Simply put, there is a severe lacking of guts and pride on this team. Too many stuck up a**holes. Too many excuse making clowns. Too many knuckleheads who try to hit 3 run homers when singles get the job done. Unless a complete change occurs soon, it is time to blow it all up and rebuild it the right way.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:39 pm

This is promising though:

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/49059.htm

The Boss sent Tampa advisors Billy Connors and Bill Emslie to Yankee Stadium this week to join the evaluation process. Scout Gene Michael entered the picture Friday.


;-D
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 683
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:45 pm

Thank God.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:58 pm

Kevin Reese was called up from AAA Columbus this morning (Henn was sent down, Wright to the 60 day) and will be starting in CF today. Have to wonder if this is a Stick recommendation.

Reese could be the Yanks next attempt to find that reserve OF they've been looking for. He has good doubles power, but no HR power. He's a good lefty bat who can do well on the bases, but won't steal a lot of them.

He's a VERY good defense outfielder with an above average arm and good speed on the basepaths (17 steals last year). Offensively he does not have that much home run power, but he had 50 doubles last year along with 13 home runs between Trenton and Columbus. He hit .298 in Trenton and .323 in Columbus.

This year hes batting .272 with 22 doubles and is on pace to nearly equal his doubles numbers from last year. He also has 8 home runs, and has been the leadoff hitter for Columbus. I'm not sure what the exact stat was, but i think he reached base in 68 of the 73 games he's played this year.

He is NOT a long term solution as a starter, but could be an indication that the Yanks are not sold on Crosby's long term future with the Yanks. It is more likely than not that Reese will get sent down on July 2 when Crosby becomes eligible to be activated. However, if Reese can prove he can hit move than Crosby, Bubba's days in NY may be numbered this winter.

This was a good choice, especially because it will get Kevin Thompson into Columbus. When this season started, I certainly didn't think we'd have a day where we started two rookies!
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 683
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:59 pm

"It's not easy, it's a challenge, but I am up for the challenge," said Cashman, who is keeping an eye on what San Francisco does with Jason Schmidt, Houston with Roger Clemens and Toronto with Ted Lilly. He is also keeping tabs on Florida's Juan Pierre, the Mets' Mike Cameron and Oakland's Mark Kotsay.



Did this come from Cash directly or is the Post just assuming? Cashman has already said he won't go and trade away the youth for anyone, and won't ask Steinbrenner to dig out more money to bail the Yankees out.

It would take 20 million to get Clemens in New York, so this is contradictory to Cashman's earlier statements.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rmeesig » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:02 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
"It's not easy, it's a challenge, but I am up for the challenge," said Cashman, who is keeping an eye on what San Francisco does with Jason Schmidt, Houston with Roger Clemens and Toronto with Ted Lilly. He is also keeping tabs on Florida's Juan Pierre, the Mets' Mike Cameron and Oakland's Mark Kotsay.



Did this come from Cash directly or is the Post just assuming? Cashman has already said he won't go and trade away the youth for anyone, and won't ask Steinbrenner to dig out more money to bail the Yankees out.

It would take 20 million to get Clemens in New York, so this is contradictory to Cashman's earlier statements.


I think when you are struggling like the Yanks, you pay attention to anyone who might be able to help. I believe he doesn't want to lose the youngsters in a trade, but as I've said this whole thread -

It's not always up to him. :,-(
If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present.
But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future.
The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past.
[i]-- Master Po[/i]
rmeesig
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 683
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:12 pm

By the way, rmeesig, thanks for posting those articles from the Daily News and the Post. I didn't realize it was free to register online and get all of those articles. I'll probably be checking it daily now, at least while the Yankees are under the microscope.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact