Chances of M-Cab getting 3B eligibility...? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Chances of M-Cab getting 3B eligibility...?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Chances of M-Cab getting 3B eligibility...?

Postby El Guapo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 pm

Cabrera currently has 3 games started at 3B and 8 games played at 3B (not started). Yahoo eligibility is 5 games started or 10 games played. What do you guys think Cabrera's chances are of playing 2 more games at 3B any time soon?
I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!
El Guapo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:57 pm

That coudl be HUGE :-o Hm.. anyone know anything on this? Chipper went down and I'm looking for a replacement...
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jugemc » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:31 pm

ehhh, with lowell playing, damion easley being able to play third, and recently brought up joe dillon all playing third base... i dont see miggy cabs getting 3b eligibility anytime soon. He only needs 2 more games played though so its possible that he gets moved to third late in a blowout game when Jack is trying to get some guys like conine playing, but i wouldnt count on it.
Jugemc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:19 am

I'd say MCab has a shot at it later in the year.. I think the impact will be much bigger for next year if he gets eligiblity though, as most teams are fairly set right now (Though does open up trade options for teams)
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:38 am

Jugemc wrote:ehhh, with lowell playing, damion easley being able to play third, and recently brought up joe dillon all playing third base... i dont see miggy cabs getting 3b eligibility anytime soon. He only needs 2 more games played though so its possible that he gets moved to third late in a blowout game when Jack is trying to get some guys like conine playing, but i wouldnt count on it.

It seems to me that if McKeon wants to get Conine or whoever into the game, he'll just pull MCab and not move him to 3B. I agree it would have been huge (and I would love it, personally), but I think the chances are unlikely. There are just too many others that play 3B, so I think it only happens if Lowell and Easley are both banged up at the same time.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Re: Chances of M-Cab getting 3B eligibility...?

Postby John Bonzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:46 am

El Guapo wrote:Cabrera currently has 3 games started at 3B and 8 games played at 3B (not started). Yahoo eligibility is 5 games started or 10 games played. What do you guys think Cabrera's chances are of playing 2 more games at 3B any time soon?

Actually, he only has 2 games started (he still needs 3 games started or 8 appearances to gain eligibility). I think that the chances are pretty slim, though it would help me out a lot.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:07 am

Probably have to have Lowell get injured or go into an epic slump (again !+)), in conjuction with Easley being needed somewhere else in the infield for a few games. Bit of a longshot, but it could happen later in the summer.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thehat » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:11 am

I wouldn't say Cabrera getting those two or three starts at 3B is likely, but it's not an off the wall long shot, either. Castillo is not exactly an ironman and Lowell's miserable post-break tendencies could both come into play.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby El Guapo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:35 am

John Bonzo wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Cabrera currently has 3 games started at 3B and 8 games played at 3B (not started). Yahoo eligibility is 5 games started or 10 games played. What do you guys think Cabrera's chances are of playing 2 more games at 3B any time soon?

Actually, he only has 2 games started (he still needs 3 games started or 8 appearances to gain eligibility). I think that the chances are pretty slim, though it would help me out a lot.

You know what, you're right... I misread the info on Yahoo's Position Eligibility page. It was saying how many games he still needed (3 or 8) and I misread that as games he has played and thought he only needed 2.

My apologies for the confusion!
I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!
El Guapo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby John Bonzo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:17 am

El Guapo wrote:
John Bonzo wrote:

You know what, you're right... I misread the info on Yahoo's Position Eligibility page. It was saying how many games he still needed (3 or 8) and I misread that as games he has played and thought he only needed 2.

My apologies for the confusion!

Easy to do....it seems to me like they do it backwards.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers