better from here on out? Mantei/Looper/DeJean - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

better from here on out? Mantei/Looper/DeJean

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

better from here on out? Mantei/Looper/DeJean

Postby Gmogd » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:49 pm

who'll put up more saves over the remainder of the season? thanks.
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby Peja and Bibby » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:56 pm

mantei. he plays for a good team. looper may be close but dejean just doesnt get enough chances. i also heard dejean may be traded where he would no longer be the closer.
Peja and Bibby
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:56 pm

1. Looper. The Marlins are a small ball type club and Looper should see a lot of opportunities. Spooneybarger is a possible threat to Looper's job but Spooney has been complaining of being overworked recently.

2. DeJean. Solid closer, but should get less opportunities than Looper. Probably the safer choice though since he has absolutely no one threatening his job security however, at the same time that means more leads will get blown before it gets to the 9th.

3. Mantei. Always an injury question. It doesn't look like Arizona will contend this year and Gammons commented that it is very possible the DBacks will look to salary dump which may include trading Mantei.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby The Jury » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:14 pm

To the guy who posted the second message, Arizona isn't anything special, and they're even further from anything special without Schilling, RJ, and BK. I agree with the guy above me...

1) Looper: He was nails last season when he got his job back, and Florida has a pretty good team overall.

2) DeJean: Barring a trade, and anyone in baseball could be traded at any time, DeJean is probably yhe most reliable of the three. Though he won't get the most chances, he'll convert when the opportunity arises.

3) Mantei: He always could strike guys out but never really posted good ERA and WHIP numbers, and has never been a huge saves guy. Arizona isn't that good. And I think he might also walk a lot of batters, though I'm not sure about that. He's the most risky in terms of injury, and even when he's healthy he's not overly reliable.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:38 am

I like Dejean best.

3. Mantei often injured and AZ is toast without Schil and Johnson.
2. Looper is good but there is talk of another fire sale in FL.
1. Dejean is going to put up a pretty WHIP or ERA but he gets the job done a should wrap up 30+ saves
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Return to Baseball Leftovers