vlad going on DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

vlad going on DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jdh » Thu Jun 05, 2003 11:46 pm

Noone is going to be able to really guess about how long it will be, because the Expos GM said today that he has another MRI tomorrow, and if the results are the same, they will probably DL him. It could be something that is healed in two weeks, it could be something that lingers and causes trouble all season so you're just going to have to wait.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:34 am

sinicalypse wrote:
fuckity fuck fuck fuckin' fuck. goddammit.

I'm not usually a stickler for grammar, but I feel obligated to correct you on this one.

It's 'fuckin' fuckity fuck fuck'

- Dennis Hopper Blue Velvet

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:45 am

jdh wrote:If you can get Ichiro and Green for Vlad, I'd jump all over it at this point. Ichiro has the possibility of leading the league in average, runs and steals, making him extremely valuable in a 5x5 league, and he more than replaces Vlad's steals (and he may not be stealing much this year anyway when he comes back). Green has yet to heat up, so likely has the best part of his year ahead of him. His power comes close to replacing Vlad's power, so I think you are getting two solid OF's and losing nothing really.

Well its H2H points based scoring so its not like i care if i lead a cat for a season but i see your point. And i'm seriously considering it. But i'm 1st trying to snap pujols away from him if i can. I told him no to Green/Ichiro for Vlad and said i wanted Pujols and he said he has to think about it. So if i can get Pujols im all over it. Otherwise.. i'll probably think about Green/Ichiro some more but probably wont do it and hope Vlad comes back and does some wonderful things for me 2nd half.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:48 am

In h2h points based scoring, getting Ichiro and Green is even more beneficial to you. These two top 15 outfielders will score considerably more combined points for you than even a fully healthy Vlad would. Plus, you don't have to worry about setbacks, nagging injuries, etc. with him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:01 am

jdh wrote:In h2h points based scoring, getting Ichiro and Green is even more beneficial to you. These two top 15 outfielders will score considerably more combined points for you than even a fully healthy Vlad would. Plus, you don't have to worry about setbacks, nagging injuries, etc. with him.

lol.. why are you making good points?? Thats not what i want to hear!! Well the thing is also i dont have the room for both of them. I have Wilson,Berkman,G.Anderson and Vlad was U. Now is Biggio. So i was thinking.. he's not big on Tejada right now either and i might could get Tejada instead of one of the OF and fill SS where Rollins is right now giving me nothing to be happy about. Which would you take? Green or Ichiro with Tejada?
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:10 am

Whether you want Green or Ichiro depends on how your scoring is set up. If steals and runs are heavily weighted, go with Ichiro and if HR and RBI are heavily weighted, go with Green. Chances are homers are more valuable than steals in a points league, and also Green has been a slow starter so far this year, so I think he is likely to have a huge second half. He has hit 30+ homers and 99+ RBIs for six straight seasons and only has 6-26 so far, so should have nice production from here on out.

If you can get two solid players for Vlad, I would pull the trigger because he is probably out for 3+ weeks, and you would get the use of the two players you get for more time and can stop worrying about his return date.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Prior22 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:04 am

quote of the day

when asked how he felt after he aggravated it even further when he grounded into a double play to end Montreal's loss to Florida on May 26. Vlad said..."The next day in the morning I couldn't even get up to go to the bathroom." Now if you own Vlad you should really be worried
Prior22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wrveres » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:41 am

Nero wrote:actually, just spoke to a friend of mine...he's a chiropractor...says it's minor..he sees 10 of these a week...nothing serious at all..and won't affect him long term

so your doctor friend sees 10 people a week that .....

1) Torque their back swinging at a baseball moving 85-90 mph 50-75 times a day?
2) Have very very very powerful swings requiring use of siad back?..
3) Swing at pitches in the dirt .. and then hit said pitch for a homerun?
4) Smash into walls?
5) Dive to catch a ball after running full speed ?

IMO .. just the way he plays the game makes this a long term thing, possibly, very long term ...

I would be jumping all over that Pujols for Vlad thing the doc is still offering also.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby m. shark » Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:38 am

Son of a b---- (gun). I feel like I just lost Brett Favre from my FFL team and have to start Plummer. Mo@**%^$ and the boat y&*##11. Had to f**#n' vent! :~(
m. shark
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kcs261 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:31 am

Pujols for Vlad. My Lord, whoever was offered take that deal for Vlad should take it and pinch themself on the way out the door. Now, that's what I'm talking about by finding somebody real gullable and ripping them off.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers