vlad going on DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

vlad going on DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

vlad going on DL

Postby Gmogd » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:46 pm

$#^%!!!! Vlad's got a herniated disc in his back. Great, join my reserved list, there's plenty of room, just move Erstad, Schilling, Beckett, Pedro, and Mantei over.
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby Gmogd » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:49 pm

oh, here's a detail you might want, should have put this up. got the info from sportsline, http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6412878
Gmogd
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Soaring like a dove. Right in front of a Randy Johnson fastball.

Postby Nero » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:50 pm

!"·/%"!/%"!/%"!·/%"!)(/·$&"·&%!%"&!"%·!"·

shit
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lepke » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:51 pm

The top 4 teams in my league are all within 2 games of each other, and 1st place has Vlad. :-D ;-D Go me!
Lepke

Friendliness: %

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:12 pm

ok, forgive me because there's supposed to be no swearing here, but:

fuckity fuck fuck fuckin' fuck. goddammit.

sorry, i had to get that out. not only am i a proud owner of mister guerrero in 2/3 fantasy leagues, but i'm the kind of bloke that also owns three vladimir guerrero jerseys.

aside from the fantasy aspect, this is a big blow to the expos who are now something like 6 1/2 games down from the braves. admittedly, i really got my hopes up for a run to the playoffs. then armas went down. then vlad goes down. argh.

me no likey this.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:43 pm

Nero wrote:
shit

Simply put.. best 1 word to discribe this latest bit of unpleasant news.
Up until about 3wks ago i was in 1st place.. Suffering through Giambi's problems. Then i got hit with Pedro going on the DL. Then came Hinske. Then Z.Day. Pudge has been off and on. And now Vlad is going on the DL. Probably gonna miss more than the 15days i'd imagine too. I'm currently in 3rd place now. And in H2H.. with NO daily changes allowed.. I'm screwed again by getting nothing from VLAD. Probably gonna make it 4 in a row now that i'll have lost.

I used the colors because i wanted to emphasize how jacked up my team has gotten.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nero » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:54 pm

I hear you Jack...between Vlad, Bonds, Oswalt, Pedro, Tejada either being injured or slumping I just haven't been performing like I need to...

luckily it's a long season and I know that with most of them I can make up lost time. plus we have 2 divisions of 6 teams per...top 3 make the playoffs..I am 5 games out of first, 2 games out of second and tied for 3rd at the moment..

made a few deals that really upgraded my pitching....

actually, just spoke to a friend of mine...he's a chiropractor...says it's minor..he sees 10 of these a week...nothing serious at all..and won't affect him long term
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:20 pm

So what im wondering if i should hang on to him or take offers.. some of which were Green/Ichiro for Vlad.. and that was about 10 mins ago.

I HATE the thought of giving up Vlad but if its gonna bother him for the rest of the year i'll need to fill the hole.
But im thinking Arod had this in spring training and although he hasnt been killing the ball he's been doing more than fine for SS. So with some rest does your doc friend think he'll come back 100%? Or might this be something that bothers him the rest of the year?
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Nero » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:26 pm

let me put it this way...

my doc friend is in my baseball league :) and he's STILL offering up Pujols for Vlad...

I would call that a positive prognosis
Nero
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby trippinonreality » Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:32 pm

Jack I'm sorry that you had bad luck but the flip side of the coin I have absolutely no sympathy for you since you have Vlad, Giambi, and Pedro.

And Nero if your doctor was offering pujols for Vlad in the first place than I hope he isn't your doctor because he doesn't seem to know alot.

BTW the guy who is breathing down my neck has Vlad. Not that I would wish anything on him but I sure as hell will take it.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers