Mid-season report cards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mid-season report cards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:28 pm

OF - Carlos Beltran - D

Not much to say about Carlos. Obviously he has been far more valuable to the Mets than he has to your fantasy team. He would also have to have a 2nd half for the ages in order to come close to the value we expected. I will stick by the stance I have posted on the boards. If you don't have Beltran and you have the opportunity to get him I would. I believe his 2nd half will far exceed the 1st. At this point you have a second chance to underpay for Beltran's second half production. If he's still on your team I would ride it out and hope for the best. You'll get ripped off if you trade him at this point. Beltran has a green light and at least that is promising, whether or not that translates into steals is anybody's guess.

OF - Cliff Floyd - A

What's not to love about this guy. As a Mets fan it's nice to see the player we though we were getting all along. What's most surprising of all is that Floyd should (but won't) come under consideration for a Gold Glove this season and has already made more "stand dives" this year than Jeter has in his whole career. :-b Oh yeah, and he hasn't been injured. Somebody pinch me. At this point it's not even worth worrying about the injury history. Floyd was a late round flier in most leagues and has provided tremendous value. I don't see that changing and with the possibility of him moving at the trade deadline to a higher powered offense, he's still an attractive 2nd half option.

OF - Mike Cameron - B

Although injured to start the year Cameron returned to the Mets line-up with a bang and turned out to be an awesome #4 OF in standard leagues. It was a hell of a ride but I think we will see Cammy regress to a value similar to last year. He'll still have value because of the power and SBs but be wary of the batting average which is already on the decline.

OF - Victor Diaz - B

Diaz has been valuable to the Mets this year while playing and as insurance. He also seems to be a bright spot for the future. It's tough to give him a fantasy rating because he was only fantasy relevant for a short time period. Although during that time he was a zero-cost waiver wire pick-up who provided great value for a few weeks. The reason Diaz is worth mentioning now is because we're on the cusp of the trade deadline and it's a very real possibility that the Mets will be sellers. This could mean that either Floyd or Cameron or both are gone, in which case Diaz will be guaranteed a starting job through the end of the year. Another possibility involves Doug M. If the Mets fall out of it and Doug continues to struggle with the bat don't be surprised to see the Mets try Diaz there. They have been working him at the position in the minors.

Edit - Spelling correction only.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:08 pm

You guys done here? I'm taking it that you finished the report card, but if you need any assistance (sorry I'm so late) I'm more than willing.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby j24jags » Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:57 pm

pokerplaya wrote:You guys done here? I'm taking it that you finished the report card, but if you need any assistance (sorry I'm so late) I'm more than willing.

u can add to it, and i was going to take OF but i saw it was for multiple people not just one, also i was doing it A-D not A-F...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to New York Mets