Mid-season report cards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mid-season report cards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mid-season report cards

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:16 pm

Hey Mets fans!

The Cafe wants to prepare Mid-Season Fantasy Report Cards for MLB teams and we're asking the fans to prepare them. The report cards would be in this format:

Catcher: [insert Mets catcher here] Greg Zaun .259 4 HR 26 RBI 17 R 1 SB Grade: B

What more could the Jays have asked from the vet Zaun? He did it all while playing spotless defence and playing through injury.

Second half: Expect the old timer to cool off as the long season wears on him. He is valuable in AL-only leagues and may be worthy of a roster spot in mixed leagues.

First Base:

Second Base:

Third Base:

Shortstop:

Outfield:

SP:

RP:

One person can prepare the list but we would prefer that it be done in collaboration. You can work on it together or split up the positions.

We are looking to have these finished by the all star break. Once the report cards are done we will be posting them in the Leftovers forum.

Show the Cafe which team has the best fans.
Last edited by Mookie4ever on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 261)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:17 pm

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 am

If somebody covers the outfield I will post this right away. ;-D

Where is Amazinz when you need him :-?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:36 am

I agree with most of j24jags comments but the letter grades are crazy. How is no one on the team lower than a C? How is Glavine not an F?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:59 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I agree with most of j24jags comments but the letter grades are crazy. How is no one on the team lower than a C? How is Glavine not an F?

Well the letter grades are fantasy-based right? In which case ADP is relative so there is only one player on the Mets who deserves a D (I was under the impression it was A-D, not sure about F) and that would be Beltran. That's part of the problem with the letter grades is that it's not very specific as to what they are supposed to mean.

I will post OFers. I thought Jags had gotten it.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to New York Mets