Jason Schmidt Trade Rumors? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Schmidt Trade Rumors?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Deuce » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:06 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Just what we need...another underperforming and overpaid pitcher. Man's velocity is down and has not pitched well, so why would even someone as Clueless as Cashman want him?

Forget it.

Because if you can find out what the problem is, you can fix it and you then have a top 5 starter with mid-90's velocity. Definetly worth two guys you hope work out. He would fit in better with the other aged starters they've acquired.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:35 pm

Deuce wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Just what we need...another underperforming and overpaid pitcher. Man's velocity is down and has not pitched well, so why would even someone as Clueless as Cashman want him?

Forget it.

Because if you can find out what the problem is, you can fix it and you then have a top 5 starter with mid-90's velocity. Definetly worth two guys you hope work out. He would fit in better with the other aged starters they've acquired.

Yeah, except the Yankees aren't in the business of fixing problems. They need players who will perform now, especially if they're giving up youth. If they are going to have to wait for results, they might as well keep the youngsters.

They also have been better at creating problems rather than fixing them...
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 118)

Postby giants8307 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:59 pm

K's, BB's, and HR's are the most important factors in figuring a pitcher's value. If you don't have a K-pitcher, he'd better be awesome in the other two categories. Either that or lucky. That's why I wouldnt take the Cano/Wang deal. I would MUCH rather have the ryan howard/gavin floyd offer. I'd pay most of his contract for those two.
giants8307
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:23 pm

Deuce wrote:

Forget it.

As others have noted:

A. The Yanks need someone NOW.

B. The Yanks coaches could not fix a light switch let alone a pitcher.

C. Why would you trade young players for someone who is expensive and get a Work in Progress who may be damaged goods? May as well take risks with cheap talent.

D. If they are out of the running in late July, why bother at all with anyone?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:44 pm

giants8307 wrote:K's, BB's, and HR's are the most important factors in figuring a pitcher's value. If you don't have a K-pitcher, he'd better be awesome in the other two categories. Either that or lucky. That's why I wouldnt take the Cano/Wang deal. I would MUCH rather have the ryan howard/gavin floyd offer. I'd pay most of his contract for those two.

agreed. if they made a cano/wang deal i would be very unhappy. id rather have howard/floyd by a large margin

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:45 pm

giants8307 wrote:K's, BB's, and HR's are the most important factors in figuring a pitcher's value. If you don't have a K-pitcher, he'd better be awesome in the other two categories. Either that or lucky. That's why I wouldnt take the Cano/Wang deal. I would MUCH rather have the ryan howard/gavin floyd offer. I'd pay most of his contract for those two.

Then take the Philly offer. I would if I were you. I wouldn't consider trading the Yankees two plus paying the contract of Schmidt, and hopefully the real Yankees won't either.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 118)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:20 am

i imagine it would take more than cano and wang to get schmidt.

i think if he gets traded...it will hurt his numbers, not the Ws, but everything else. the AL East is a tough division if he ends up there...even the jays and the d-rays have good lineups that can lit up a pitcher every once in a while...schilling's numbers suffered a bit since moving from the NL West to the AL East...schmidt would be avoiding coors, but on the other hand he wouldn't be playing in petco or chavez ravine. if he goes to the phillies...urgh...the lauching pad they have there in philly wouldn't do him any good either.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers