stand pat? no glaring weaknesses (I don't think) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

stand pat? no glaring weaknesses (I don't think)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

stand pat? no glaring weaknesses (I don't think)

Postby screwyinstlouie » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:08 am

10-team mixed, HTH 10 categories (std 5x5), non-keeper, 23 man roster + 2 DL, daily lineup changes, currently in 2nd place

C - Varitek
1B - Dunn
2B - Lugo
3B - D. Wright
SS - Rollins
OF - M. Ramirez, Sheffield, Ca. Lee
Util - Mench
SP - Sheets, Burnett
RP - Ryan, Looper
P - Turnbow, Street, Brazoban
BN - Helton, C. Patterson, Morneau, Vazquez, Buehrle, Bonderman, C. Young
DL - Bonds, Bedard

avail. FA hitters include - T. Clark, Dye, Erstad, C. Everett, A. Kennedy, Lawton, Mackowiak, Matos, Monroe, Nixon, Polanco, Sizemore, S. Stewart, W. Taveras, D. Ward, D. Young

avail. FA pitchers include - Arroyo, P. Byrd, Duchscherer, Fuentes, Harang, Haren, Runelvys Hernandez, Lackey, Lawrence, Lilly, Redman, Reitsma, Al Reyes, Rusch, Weaver, Westbrook

Keep waiting for Helton to start hitting, hasn't happened yet. Had Barmes at 2B until, well, you know. Lugo doing well at the moment, but wouldn't mind upgrading there.

I'm thinking of dropping C. Young for Haren. Whaddayathink? And are there any other moves I should make? Thanks for any input.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NUFCrichard » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:29 am

I think your team is really good especially for a 10 team league.
I personally would pick up Harang for Vazquez, I think that Young might have a few good games left yet so he might be worth keeping, if only until Bedard comes back.
NUFCrichard
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jagfan21 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:34 am

that team is solid

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BTOWNHESS » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:43 am

Your team to me is ok. Youre going to have to make some moves if you want to win your league

1. you have too many closers. you dont need 5 closers especially when your SP is very thin after Buerhle and Bonderman. Young is a project, Vasquez only at times shows signs he's the pitcher he was in Montreal. and Sheets and Burnett have underachieved all year.

2. Your OF is your strong point..no doubt about that, especially with Bonds on the DL and eventually coming back. As soon as Bonds comes back and hits his first homer you need to start putting feelers out in your league and see if you can net a stud SP for him, I.E. a Clemens, Halladay, Peavy.

3. 1B is solid, especially with Morneau and Helton on the bench. you know youre never going to start Morneau ahead of Dunn and Dunn is never going to move to the OF because youre loaded there, so Morneau is wasting away on your squad.

4. 2B, 3B and SS can all be upgraded. If you have to stay put with one of them id keep Wright. Id package Lugo and Morneau and see if you can land a Soriano or Kent. or package Rollins/Morneau/Sheets and see if you can land a Tejada.
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby screwyinstlouie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:27 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. Muchos gracias.

Drop Vazquez? Really? I like Harang all right, and I even picked him up for a couple of spot starts (one worked well, one didn't). But Vazquez' numbers have been great for me (I got him off waivers after those first 3 rotten starts), 12 g, 7-3, 84.0 IP, 70 K's, 3.32 ERA, 1.12 WHIP. So I'm keeping Vazquez for now.

I just offered Lugo and Morneau for Soriano. I don't think the Soriano owner is very active in the league, so we'll see if he responds.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby screwyinstlouie » Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:29 pm

Thanks for the input, guys. Muchos gracias.

Drop Vazquez? Really? I like Harang all right, and I even picked him up for a couple of spot starts (one worked well, one didn't). But Vazquez' numbers have been great for me (I got him off waivers after those first 3 rotten starts), 12 g, 7-3, 84.0 IP, 70 K's, 3.32 ERA, 1.12 WHIP. So I'm keeping Vazquez for now.

I just offered Lugo and Morneau for Soriano. I don't think the Soriano owner is very active in the league, so we'll see if he responds.
screwyinstlouie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team