2 SP going against each other...start them both? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2 SP going against each other...start them both?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2 SP going against each other...start them both?

Postby socceryank » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:41 pm

Capuano vs Radke matched up against each other tomorrow and I have them both. Would you start them both, or just one (and which one)? Game is in Milwaukee.
C M. Montero
1B AGonz
2B Uggla
3B Zimmermann
SS Jeter
OF J Upton, McCutcheon, Choo
Util Kendrys Morales
BN Pena
DL Gardner
SP Gallardo, Bumgarner, Latos, Zimmermann, Luebke, Jaime Garcia, Hughes, Burnett
RP League, Marshall, Betancourt
socceryank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby linberg » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:43 pm

I'm planning on starting both in my H2H league, but that is because I have the other guy dominated in ERA and WHIP already, and we're tied for wins and I'm up by two less losses.
linberg
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 4)

Postby reznorsboy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:34 pm

If it is a low scoring game you could get a w and a no decision. Plus you may get a bunch of innings in a pitchers dual. It is prolly worth it. Although the ball was really carrying out today at Miller park against the cubs so you may want to be careful. The Brews are hot so they may hit Radke around a bit.
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:52 pm

I usually start two guys against each other, of course other factors apply (What line-up, home or away, streaks.) I'd probably start Capuano, but be careful with Radke. Brewers hitting well
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Chuckles » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:59 pm

Early on in my points league, an owner benched both Randy Johnson and Halladay...(why? good question!). Anyway, they both pitched a complete game, which gives extra points in the league. And one of them (Halladay I think?) pitched a shutout...

Obviously this isn't the most likely scenario, but I'd go with both pitchers...you never know!!! ;-D
If you can help:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=313880

Thanks!!!

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!"
Chuckles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bdrotoronto » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:20 pm

I usually start both guys, as chances are decent that one of them will come out with a win.

Of course, there is a flip-side to the Johnson-Halladay scenario, like when I started Patterson and Schmidt against each other back in May and they both got shelled.. :-/
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers