j. cantu..........? is he for real......... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

j. cantu..........? is he for real.........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:19 pm

jmo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:
jmo wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:His K/BB ratio is awful. I'll pass on him, and I'll bet that he comes back to earth in a rough way sooner than later.

Yet Yadier Molina is on your must have list...I'll consider the source.

I said he's a "must-have"???

:-? :-? :-?

StlSluggers wrote:I'm in! I have proof that I believed in him before last night. I drafted him as my backup in two of my three leagues. He will be my mid-week substitution in one league this week since he seems to be coming around finally."

9BB and 16Ks and you believe in him huh...but you are right, you never said "must have".

I'll say it again with no shame, Cantu is the next Nomar and he has the best single Soccer name in the bigs. CANTUUUUUUUUU!

Name - BB/K/K/AB/BB/AB

Cantu - .20/.14/.03
Sexson - .44/.34/.15
Dunn - .81/.34/.22
Patterson - .19/.25/.05
Wilson - .29/.28/.08

Maybe he turns into Preston Wilson? Maybe he turns into Corey Patterson? Either way, big-time streaks are in the future for the owners of this kid unless he finds some way to get some plate discipline.

And it's not hard to believe in just about any catcher right now. Besides, it's not like I'm going around declaring that Yadier going to be the next Pudge or Posada. I just said I believe in him.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby tomahawk » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:50 pm

Can U Cantu? Another dong today.
tomahawk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby steve_0710 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:57 pm

I am in an AL-only H2H league and Cantu has been outstanding, especiqally lately. He is #4 for fantasy points at 2B with only Roberts, Soriano and Figgins ahead of him. He is #8 at 3B. In our league, he already qualifies for both 2B abd 3B for next year.

If Cantu keeps it up, he is going to make me make some hard decisions come keeper time for next year.
steve_0710
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers