Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:12 am

nuggets wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Maybe he took the same stuff that Brady Anderson took in 96 I believe when he hit 50+ HRs? No idea where this power explosion came from. Guy hit 4 HRs all last season. Thi sis the biggest positive surprise fo the fantasy season. And by the looks of things, this is no weak MI getting lucky on a few HRs. I would venture to guess he keeps hitting with at least some power.


It's the warning track power combined with the new age contact lense and experience.

Think about having that 'just not enough power for a HR' all of your career and then suddenly being able to see the ball more clearly after a life of relatively blurred vision? I think that equals career highs in just about everything. He also put a little upper cut in his swing, (Beltran's_Boy or someone like that told me) which gives him the needed Edmonds like lift to hit HRs.


His G/F is less than 1.0 I think. It was pretty low last year also for a speedy guy like Roberts. As long as he maintains it, he will continue to get occasional HRs. While he hasn't hit a lot of HR's lately, he's still getting plenty of 2B.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:30 am

1.13 for his career, 0.92 this year
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: like, you know....

Postby macca » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:39 am

Mack Daddy 281 wrote:
But what about his May? Where virtually everything was done including his home runs. Shocking? He had 8 in April, all of 3 in May. He had the at bats, and he wasn't injured, you keep asking people when they will buy into the hype. Why should they? He has shown steaks of brilliance, and streaks of cold spells (see May).


You must not have followed him closely. He has had this injury since spring training. It hindered him in ST and he finally got through it when the season started. It bothered him again in May for a couple of weeks before he took time off. Now, guess what, he is recovered, like he was at the beginning of April, and now has two HRs in 8 games.
macca
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 75
Joined: 13 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: like, you know....

Postby gws226 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:06 am

macca wrote:
Mack Daddy 281 wrote:
But what about his May? Where virtually everything was done including his home runs. Shocking? He had 8 in April, all of 3 in May. He had the at bats, and he wasn't injured, you keep asking people when they will buy into the hype. Why should they? He has shown steaks of brilliance, and streaks of cold spells (see May).


You must not have followed him closely. He has had this injury since spring training. It hindered him in ST and he finally got through it when the season started. It bothered him again in May for a couple of weeks before he took time off. Now, guess what, he is recovered, like he was at the beginning of April, and now has two HRs in 8 games.


mmmmmmmmmm steaks of brillance :-D

.358 for may isn't exactly crap #s
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: like, you know....

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:59 pm

gws226 wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm steaks of brillance :-D

.358 for may isn't exactly crap #s


If you're going to bust his chops for a minor typo you should at least spell brilliance right. :-b

All this talk about steaks is making me hungry though. :-?
Image
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Posts: 9875
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Postby proninja » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:43 pm

u r all bad spllrs!


;-)


The more Roberts keeps hitting, the more I believe. Either way, it's a heck of a ride.
proninja
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 64
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

bump cause Im the master of this shizzle, bizzles

Postby Frances The Mute » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Bump. Bump.

Sorry I was on vacation and couldn't call out everyone who was busting on me earlier. Enjoy your crowe, and healthy brian roberts goes JAck Jack double double double steal steal steal and leading the american league in average and OPS.

Cheers! Here's to July Brian Roberts!
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 384
Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: SAN FRANCISCO

Re: bump cause Im the master of this shizzle, bizzles

Postby nuggets » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:57 pm

Frances The Mute wrote:Bump. Bump.

Sorry I was on vacation and couldn't call out everyone who was busting on me earlier. Enjoy your crowe, and healthy brian roberts goes JAck Jack double double double steal steal steal and leading the american league in average and OPS.

Cheers! Here's to July Brian Roberts!


OPS? Wow. This little guy has been killing it in my H2H $ league.
R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K FPCT AVG OPS
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3342
Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: like, you know....

Postby gws226 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:07 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
gws226 wrote:
mmmmmmmmmm steaks of brillance :-D

.358 for may isn't exactly crap #s


If you're going to bust his chops for a minor typo you should at least spell brilliance right. :-b

All this talk about steaks is making me hungry though. :-?


I obviously wasn't trying too....... hence spelling brilliance incorrectly :-D
If you found my advice helpful, please help me
gws226
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 994
Joined: 4 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:15 pm

Frances, I'm sorry you take my comments personally, but in most posts you have made so far, you've failed to give respect to the other side of the argument. Just because I disagree with your opinion does not mean I am personally attacking you. Also, I have not resorted to name calling, nor have I created any other screennames on this site. Chill out.
Roberts has resumed his torrid hitting over the last 9 games, and I have to admit that he looks terrific at the plate. But he's still a sell-high candidate in my book, if you can get a top notch player for him.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 89)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact