Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember.

Postby West » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:37 pm

I don't know if this has been talked about at all lately, so forgive me if it has, but here are his numbers for June:

13H 45AB
3R 32B 0HR 7RBI 4BB 8K 2SB .289 AVG .340 OBP .356 SLG .696 OPS

I know that his back has been bothering him, and it's also a small sample, but I think we might see a return to normalcy for Roberts. I see him going something like .280 5HR 30 RBI in the second half, with his usual SB numbers. Anyone else have predictions?
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Now that's the Brian Roberts I remember.

Postby Irish » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:02 pm

West wrote:I don't know if this has been talked about at all lately, so forgive me if it has, but here are his numbers for June:

13H 45AB
3R 32B 0HR 7RBI 4BB 8K 2SB .289 AVG .340 OBP .356 SLG .696 OPS

I know that his back has been bothering him, and it's also a small sample, but I think we might see a return to normalcy for Roberts. I see him going something like .280 5HR 30 RBI in the second half, with his usual SB numbers. Anyone else have predictions?

Shhhhhh. Frances might be listening.

All the people who didn't sell him when he was the number 1 ranked player aren't in the mood to hear this.
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Only 45 AB? Off an injury? I'd wait a bit more before declaring him dead.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby j24jags » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Only 45 AB? Off an injury? I'd wait a bit more before declaring him dead.

hahha agreed
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:07 pm

I'm not projecting him to end up with more than 25 homers, and possibly more like 20 or less. That is NOT a knock on Brob at all. In fact, i am(and have been) trying to trade for him all year. He is one HELL of a player, but the early power was an aberation. Compared to most second basemen sure he may have more power than them thats a given. More power than most baseball players though? Not a chance.

just my opinion,

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Frances The Mute » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:41 am

.280? what the hell makes you think he's going to hit 280 mwhen hes hitting .360 all year long? He's been through injuries this month so what give the guy a break.

The contact lenses are here to stay and B-Rob will be a bad boy all year with them. Geez, wait til he gets a healthy week or two OR hits under .350 BEFORE you report his demise. OK?

Good lord, sorry you didn't have the foresight to draft the dude.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:43 am

Brian Roberts is Derrek Lee v2.0. Expect a regression in the 2nd half, although I think he's going to hit around .300 from here on out. I think his days of .280 are behind him...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WittyC » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:53 am

Maybe he just has a scratch on his lenses right now. ;-7

This guy is just good for baseball. A scrappy, little guy (well, little by baseball standards) who's just mashing the ball and playing every game like it's the finals of the little league championship game.

In my H2H money league he went really high because a good portion of us in the league were roommates who watched insane amounts of baseball. We all fell in love with him when he was playing against the Chi-Sox and driving those bastards crazy on the basepaths. Good times.

He's still a sell-high candidate, IMO, but he won't drop completely off. Should be a top-5 2Ber for a while. ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:14 am

Frances The Mute wrote:.280? what the hell makes you think he's going to hit 280 mwhen hes hitting .360 all year long? He's been through injuries this month so what give the guy a break.

The contact lenses are here to stay and B-Rob will be a bad boy all year with them. Geez, wait til he gets a healthy week or two OR hits under .350 BEFORE you report his demise. OK?

.360? what the hell makes you think he's going to hit .360 when he's hit around .280 his entire career prior to 2005? he went through a hot streak early on; give me a break!

the contact lenses are being used by other players as well and i havn't seen bret boone hitting near .400 all year with them. Geez, wait til he regresses to his career norms in the coming month or two OR puts up at least a year of huge power numbers BEFORE you report his asention to the elite. OK?

good lord, sorry you didn't have the foresight to trade him before people realize that he's not soriano with a better average.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WittyC » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:21 am

George_Foreman wrote:
Frances The Mute wrote:.280? what the hell makes you think he's going to hit 280 mwhen hes hitting .360 all year long? He's been through injuries this month so what give the guy a break.

.360? what the hell makes you think he's going to hit .360 when he's hit around .280 his entire career prior to 2005? he went through a hot streak early on; give me a break!

the contact lenses are being used by other players as well and i havn't seen bret boone hitting near .400 all year with them. Geez, wait til he regresses to his career norms in the coming month or two OR puts up at least a year of huge power numbers BEFORE you report his asention to the elite. OK?

good lord, sorry you didn't have the foresight to trade him before people realize that he's not soriano with a better average.

Geez, the guy's 27 and has only played one full season in the majors. Some guys just need a couple of seasons to figure out big-league pitching... maybe it's just B-Rabbit's time. (does anyone else use that nickname for him or is it just in my league?)

He's not just some scrub who came out of nowhere... he is a former first rounder. He'll be a solid fantasy option at 2B for years to come. ;-D
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers