D Lee, Steroids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

D Lee, Steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D Lee, Steroids

Postby pibb55 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:00 pm

You think if D Lee would have started this hot a year or two ago people would be all over him saying hes on steroids??? I mean, D Lee is a player whos never hit over .300 for a season and his career high in HRs is 32. Right now hes almost hitting .400 and on pace for 45-50+ HRs and its almost half way through the season.

Nobody uses the "he's gotta be on steroids" line anymore, when 2 years ago it was mentioned once a week about a new player it seemed. :-D
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:01 pm

I really just wish everyone could move on from the Steroids thing. I'm just almost sick of hearing about it at this point.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: D Lee, Steroids

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:10 pm

pibb55 wrote:You think if D Lee would have started this hot a year or two ago people would be all over him saying hes on steroids??? I mean, D Lee is a player whos never hit over .300 for a season and his career high in HRs is 32. Right now hes almost hitting .400 and on pace for 45-50+ HRs and its almost half way through the season.

Nobody uses the "he's gotta be on steroids" line anymore, when 2 years ago it was mentioned once a week about a new player it seemed. :-D

Fantasy baseball is a lot more fun if you actually watch a baseball game or two during the season. ;-7

One look at D-Lee and you know he's not on roids. He's the exact same size he has been for his whole career, and he has gone on streaks like this before... just not for this duration. His success is due to seeing the ball well (greatly improved BB/K ratio). If you look at HR/Hits ratio, he's right where he should be.

In other words... let's save the steroid talks for those who deserve it.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Deuce » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:10 pm

Hater...

Just accept that sometimes talent does play a roll.
Couldn't he just be working hard?

Besides, chicks dig the long ball - bring back the steroids. (jk) ;-7 !+) :-? :-o :-t
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:15 pm

Instead of using the steroids line as a disparaging remark on Lee's character and ability, let's switch it up and commend him for sticking up his middle finger at the establishment! So what if his head gets fat? So WHAT if his legs turn to spaghetti?!! Crank out 60 taters and worry about all that other crap later..

Breakout season for Lee, no question.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:18 pm

This really isn't all that uncommon. Guy hits 350+ the first half, everyone talks about how great he is, he hits 280 the rest of the way and then back to his normal 280-290 the next season. Just look at Overbay last year or Olerud the one year (I forget which).
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pibb55 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:36 pm

Relax people, I wasnt saying hes on steroids at all, and Ive watched 60% of his games at least so I know hes always been a giant and still is. I was saying how 2 years ago some idiot would have posted that without knowing Lee or watching his career progress but now that steroids have been cut down on, people no longer think about them when they see a breakout season which is a good thing.
pibb55
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:45 pm

pibb55 wrote:Relax people, I wasnt saying hes on steroids at all, and Ive watched 60% of his games at least so I know hes always been a giant and still is. I was saying how 2 years ago some idiot would have posted that without knowing Lee or watching his career progress but now that steroids have been cut down on, people no longer think about them when they see a breakout season which is a good thing.

:-/

Didn't really get what you were trying to say... my bad. Guess it's just a touchy subject after having Sosa on the North Side for so long. !+)
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gabenterprises » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:50 pm

Interesting obervation, pibb. It's nice not to have to hear about it as much at the moment.
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:56 pm

Lee appeares to have taken his power to a new level this year. He's seeing the ball very well right now, but that batting average is a little bit of a mirage.

8-o
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers