Player not participating - Yahoo league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Player not participating - Yahoo league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:07 pm

JRRNeiklot wrote:
DGroundhog wrote:How the hell can he set his lineup? That works for his hitters, but what about pitching? We can only start 4 SPs per day, so you have to change that every couple of days, if not, you don't get jack.

Nice attitude, jerk.

You put 4 quality starters in the 4 starting slots and round it off with relievers in the rest. You do not have to change it every day. Most Yahoo leagues have an innings pitched limit as well, so rotating pitching every day will put you over.

Try some decaf next time.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Player not participating - Yahoo league

Postby Ajax » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:27 pm

JRRNeiklot wrote:This will really have an effect on the league, as he had some good players and if he's not gonna use 'em, the rest of us could have. I can't access his roster, or I could just dump 'em all on waivers. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Personally, if a team goes dead, I prefer that the owner NOT drop all his players. When an entire roster gets dropped, the remaining players are at the mercy of their current ww position. Effectively, the player with the #1 priority gets to add an extra first round choice, while the player with priority position #12 gets to pick up an extra 11th rounder. That has a lot more effect on the league than a dead team.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

We hit this problem in our league

Postby DanteNoX » Thu Jun 05, 2003 5:34 pm

Except it wasnt an unactive owner, it was just an unfortunate accident. One of the owners was changing the PW of his yahoo account and somewhere along the line, the pw got changed to something he didnt know. It was EXTREMELY unfortunate, as this owner (a good freind of mine) was probably the most avid fantasy baseball player in the league and a tremendous fan of the game. It was a shame that he couldnt use his team at all.

This was on yahoo, and theres nothing you can do about it if the person has checked "no" on whether to allow the commish to change the team.
Yankees for life
DanteNoX
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:32 pm

DGroundhog wrote:Maybe the guy just wanted to draft a team, set a line-up, and hoped he could win without managing it all the time, or ever. Just because he doesn't live up to your standards as an owner doesn't mean you can kick him out and seize his team. Maybe he doesn't live in his mom's basement playing dungeons and dragons online and managing his fantasy team obsessively.

i find this scathing criticism ironic coming from a d00d posting on a fantasy baseball messageboard, of all things. =D
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Peja and Bibby » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:36 pm

i hate it when managers become inactive because it diminishes many trade possibilities and brings down the quality of the league. Like Bleach said i am starting to think it is just how free fantasy baseball is..some love and some sign up and forget to ever check it.
Heres to burrell and konerko turning it around.
Peja and Bibby
College Coach
College Coach

Re: We hit this problem in our league

Postby Ajax » Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:39 pm

DanteNoX wrote:Except it wasnt an unactive owner, it was just an unfortunate accident. One of the owners was changing the PW of his yahoo account and somewhere along the line, the pw got changed to something he didnt know. It was EXTREMELY unfortunate, as this owner (a good freind of mine) was probably the most avid fantasy baseball player in the league and a tremendous fan of the game. It was a shame that he couldnt use his team at all.

Well, look on the bright side. His unfortunate accident will only diminish one league for one year. But, since you know the guy, you'll be able to ridicule him for a lifetime.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers