Carlos Zambrano. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Carlos Zambrano.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:02 am

Secret Avatar wrote:I think he's a sell high candidate. I certainly wouldn't bench him. But I'm skeptical that he's as good as everyone else seems to think. I think he's got talent but is soft in the head. Being managed by Dumb-sty "200 Pitches" Baker doesn't help either.

right on. but i think i might bench him based on opponents until he put together a good outing or two.

TheYanks04 is right that he's not just some 5th starter, but i disagree that he's an "ace" in the sense that, short of a 20 team league, i'd be very uncomfortable having him as my #1 guy. he makes a decent #2 or a very good #3 guy, but the rock of your staff he should not be. until he learns to keep it together and play well each start, he'll be prone to these "rough patches".
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jagfan21 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:43 pm

if you drop him ill pick him up in a heartbeat

let him recover from his "toe" injury before u drop him

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WittyC » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:09 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
Secret Avatar wrote:I think he's a sell high candidate. I certainly wouldn't bench him. But I'm skeptical that he's as good as everyone else seems to think. I think he's got talent but is soft in the head. Being managed by Dumb-sty "200 Pitches" Baker doesn't help either.

right on. but i think i might bench him based on opponents until he put together a good outing or two.

TheYanks04 is right that he's not just some 5th starter, but i disagree that he's an "ace" in the sense that, short of a 20 team league, i'd be very uncomfortable having him as my #1 guy. he makes a decent #2 or a very good #3 guy, but the rock of your staff he should not be. until he learns to keep it together and play well each start, he'll be prone to these "rough patches".

Decent #2 guy in a 12-team league would indicate that you believe there are 18 SP's who you would rather have than Zamby... I'd be very interested in seeing this list. Let's keep his only two full seasons in the bigs in mind here...

2003 -- 13 W, 3.11 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 168 K's
2004 -- 16 W, 2.75 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 188 K's

And if you say that you came into this season with Dontrelle Willis or Jon Garland rated higher I will roast marshmellows over your pants. ;-7
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Octavian » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:00 pm

WittyC wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:

Decent #2 guy in a 12-team league would indicate that you believe there are 18 SP's who you would rather have than Zamby... I'd be very interested in seeing this list. Let's keep his only two full seasons in the bigs in mind here...

2003 -- 13 W, 3.11 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 168 K's
2004 -- 16 W, 2.75 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 188 K's

And if you say that you came into this season with Dontrelle Willis or Jon Garland rated higher I will roast marshmellows over your pants. ;-7

My problem is I had him rated 10th or 11th overall in the Pre-Season, I expected big things this year and perhaps he'll still deliver. I thought I drafted an ace... and he's been good, but he hasn't been the anchor of my staff either...

...ironically enough... Dontrelle Willis has been, heh.
Octavian
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Frances The Mute » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:02 pm

yea and what were people saying about johan santan this time last year?

I think C Zam has the stuff to santanaize the league second half. IF he can fix his pathetic mental makeup. sigh.
Frances The Mute
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:17 pm

Hes been bad his last 3 starts, but do you realize how good his numbers were before those 3 starts? 1.20 WHIP 2.94 ERA, plenty of Ks, and know we are talking about how hes a bust, Dusty's ruined him, sell him now (which would be plain dumb anyways, since hes at a low value. To the idiot who said trade him for Halladay, no one is going to trade Halladay for Zambrano when hes struggling. Duh. Learn basic sell high/buy low concepts.) Its all a bunch of overreacting gloom and doom. Any moron who drops him right now should be banned from playing fantasy baseball and reproducing, as we don't want his genes tainting the human gene pool.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:52 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Hes been bad his last 3 starts, but do you realize how good his numbers were before those 3 starts? 1.20 WHIP 2.94 ERA, plenty of Ks, and know we are talking about how hes a bust, Dusty's ruined him, sell him now (which would be plain dumb anyways, since hes at a low value. To the idiot who said trade him for Halladay, no one is going to trade Halladay for Zambrano when hes struggling. Duh. Learn basic sell high/buy low concepts.) Its all a bunch of overreacting gloom and doom. Any moron who drops him right now should be banned from playing fantasy baseball and reproducing, as we don't want his genes tainting the human gene pool.

crude, but gets the point across. ;-D
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers