Choose one

Roto
44%
H2H
56%

Total votes : 90

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:35 am

Madison wrote:Roto and it's not even a contest. ;-D

Fantasy baseball is all about having the best team for the season and that's roto. ;-D

A lucky week is for fantasy football.

H2H and it's not even a contest. ;-D

I thought fantasy baseball was all about fun and that's H2H.

In roto, halfway through the season, people are basically eliminated. How fun is it watching three months of baseball knowing that you have no chance to win the league?

Talk about luck. Yes, there is luck in H2H, but if you don't think there's luck in Roto, you're crazy. Is a guy that drafted Beltran, Helton, Jason Scmidt and Chavez with his first 4 picks a bad player? Because this guy most assuredly would NOT have a chance of winning any roto league.

... and don't even get me started on injuries.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BillyMafia » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:29 am

In my league we do both H2H and roto. H2H winner gets a bigger share of the pot but usually they are doing well in roto as well. We pay out roto monthly and year end.

I enjoy the H2H part a lot more than roto and all other owners in league as well.
BillyMafia
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:42 am

Roto for me.
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:05 am

roto easily for me.... i would much prefer to have the best team for the whole season and not just during the month of september...... ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:09 am

RugbyD wrote:roto easy. did h2h once and hated it. too much "gaming", not enough reality.

I don't get this. How is roto more realistic? Are you saying in real baseball the team with the best overall statistics wins the World Series every year?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:17 pm

H2H, by quite a bit.

josebach said it perfectly. It's more realistic, it's more fun to follow year round, and it's just more exciting.

;-D
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:19 pm

Also, I'm really surprised to see H2H winning in the poll. It's usually skewed in the other direction every time there is a H2H/Roto debate here at the Cafe...

:-?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:21 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Also, I'm really surprised to see H2H winning in the poll. It's usually skewed in the other direction every time there is a H2H/Roto debate here at the Cafe...

I can't say about the Cafe, naturally, but any time I've had this debate in any forum, roto takes it 3 to 1, every single time. Nice to see I'm on the same page with some folks here. 7 years of H2H and I don't have a single complaint. Especially when you're playing yearly with the same group of guys. Nothing quite like hopping on the message board with a, "Hey buddy, way to lose 9-1 last week! LOSER!" only to go out and get drunk with them later. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:24 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Also, I'm really surprised to see H2H winning in the poll. It's usually skewed in the other direction every time there is a H2H/Roto debate here at the Cafe...

I can't say about the Cafe, naturally, but any time I've had this debate in any forum, roto takes it 3 to 1, every single time. Nice to see I'm on the same page with some folks here. 7 years of H2H and I don't have a single complaint. Especially when you're playing yearly with the same group of guys. Nothing quite like hopping on the message board with a, "Hey buddy, way to lose 9-1 last week! LOSER!" only to go out and get drunk with them later. ;-D

Exactly. It's so much fun with a group of friends. The last place team can beat the first place team any given week, so nobody's ever out of it. Bragging rights are at stake, even if the championship is out of reach...it's a great time the whole way through.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby swyck » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:49 pm

I like both actually. Im in 2 roto and 2 h2h leagues.

They are different, and so are all the leagues Im in.

One shallow roster 8 team H2H (1st place)
One deep roster 20 team H2H (1oth place)
One standard roster 5x5 12 team roto (3rd place)
One standard roster 5x5 16 team keeper roto with a few extra bench spots.
(1st place)

I wouldn't want to play every league the same. I like the deep league the best even though I'm only 10th. Get to look at all the players, not just the all-stars.

Maybe next year I'll try a dynasty points league. :-B
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers