Changed my strategy... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Changed my strategy...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Changed my strategy...

Postby king sisyphus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:13 pm

Hi, I was just wondering what you all thought of my strategy to rely more on closers and the better/best middle relievers I could find on the FA wire while building a dominant offense...

My peripherals in pitching suck because my starting pitchers got lit up quite a bit this year so I am trying to improve upon them and concede the categories of wins and K's, which I am in the middle of the pack in and try to improve upon my bottom third status in WHIP, ERA and K/BB. I am currently trying to obtain one more top closer but it's tough to come by.

The top 3 teams are killing the rest of us (I'm in 5th place) and they have an extremely solid base for the rest of the year. The teams loaded with top starting pitching simply are not selling (I offered Soriano for J. Santana -- rejected... Soriano/Renteria for Schmidt/Jeter -- no reply... Soriano for Randy Johnson -- rejected)... Those jerks...

As you can see, I have terrible pitching but have a reasonable expectation of dominating offense from this point on (how can you not with guys like Soriano, Vlad and Beltran as the core of your team in an 11 team league?)...

What do you think? Also, what moves would you recommend I make? Right now, I'm in the middle categories overall on offense and low in pitching, but I'm great at stolen bases, home runs and saves.
king sisyphus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Whoops

Postby king sisyphus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 pm

I'm obviously new to this site... I thought I put my roster information in my profile and I can't find it when I checked my post to see if everything came out the way I had intended... Here you go

Rotisserie, 6x6 (includes OPS and K/BB), 11 teams

C: J. Mauer
1B: J. Thome
2B: A. Soriano
3B: A. Huff
SS: E. Renteria
OF: C. Beltran
OF: V. Guerrero
OF: C. Patterson
Util: K. Mench
Util: F. Lopez
Util: C. Crisp
Bench: R. Weeks
DL: N. Garciaparra

SP: Ol. Perez
SP: J. Garland
SP: D. Davis
SP: J. Westbrook
SP: M. Redman
RP: C. Cordero
RP: R. Dempster
RP: M. Batista
RP: Y. Brazoban
RP: L. Ayala
RP: C. Hammond
DL: M. Hampton

Note: Since Batista and Dempster have SP eligibility in my league, I am able to have all my RPs in every day and start my SPs when it's their turn in the rotation.
king sisyphus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Skippyoz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:13 pm

As long as you have the patience to wait as your relievers pack on small innings. What I mean is that if your starters inflated your ERA, then you have a large weighting if IP going into that ERA. It may take you the rest of the season to even that out with better RP pitching performances.

Other than that, go for it. Why not, right? My starters on my ESPN team (Schmidt, Prior, and O. Perez---- YUCK!) have dropped me to the bottom of the league, and bottom in ERA and WHIP... so now I am running with three closers and 4 other good relievers... we'll see what happens...
Skippyoz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby BTOWNHESS » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:26 pm

its an interesting theory, im doing the exact opposite, i got rid of all my closers, but I have Santana, Peavy and Smoltz...anyways, you have a great offense, Beltran hasnt lived up to expectations and if you can move him for pitching that would help. I cant believe you got no response on a Soriano/Renteria for Schmidt/Jeter offer..id accept that in a heartbeat.

good luck
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team