How Can My Team Become A Contender? - UPDATED 7-6-05 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How Can My Team Become A Contender? - UPDATED 7-6-05

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Matthew M. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:32 pm

What about a Drew for Jim Edmonds trade? Would that benefit my team?
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kbarre » Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:59 pm

Go for Carlos Lee, or someone of that caliber. Likewise, I bet you could get Beltran verrrrry cheap right now.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthew M. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:13 pm

kbarre wrote:Go for Carlos Lee, or someone of that caliber. Likewise, I bet you could get Beltran verrrrry cheap right now.

I've thought of Beltran. He's concerning me though, right now. Will he turn it around and, most importantly, will he run the bases?
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kbarre » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:32 pm

I'm sure he'll turn it around. I mean, you're looking to trade Drew here. You won't get Vlad in any normal fantasy league for what you were offering.

Beltran is going to be more productive than Drew when the dust clears, and yes, I think he'll help you with the stolen bases. Abreu will keep your SB's up, too. Carlos Lee, though, is better than most OF's anywhere on any planet right now.[/quote]
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthew M. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:33 pm

Yeah, that sounds right. So, considering I want to trade Drew, do you think a Drew for Beltran deal, straight up, seems fair, right now?
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

No

Postby kbarre » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:41 pm

If the guy trades Beltran for Drew straight up, he should be committed. However, I thought you were originally talking Drew and Helton. In that situation, I'd offer Drew and Helton for Lee or something.

For Beltran you might have to give up Drew and someone else though. No way he takes it straight up.....If you can pull one over on him, go right ahead though.
kbarre
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Matthew M. » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:09 am

Well, he rejected it. Turns out Drew just happens to be his least favorite MLB player.
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthew M. » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:17 am

So, I guess the question is, if I decided to make a Drew for Edmonds deal (considering it was accepted) would that benefit me?
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthew M. » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:00 pm

What I think I am going to do is dump Lowe for Yhency Brazoban (he's on WW), because Foulke is just pitiful, these days. Do you think that would be a good move, or do you think I could get something for Lowe?
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthew M. » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 pm

Matthew M. wrote:What I think I am going to do is dump Lowe for Yhency Brazoban (he's on WW), because Foulke is just pitiful, these days. Do you think that would be a good move, or do you think I could get something for Lowe?

Oh, I should also mention, Erik Bedard is on the WW, as well. I am pondering whether I should drop Lowe for him, instead.
Matthew M. Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team