yanks radio announcers???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yanks radio announcers????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:09 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:And his stuff is no worse than and indeed far better than:
Sterling:
"The Giambino"
"An A-bomb for Arod"
"Bernie goes Boom"
"Theeeeeeeee Yankeesssssss WINNNNNNNNNNNN"

You forgot "A Thrillaaaah by Godzilaaaaaah"
And "The BamTino"
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:10 pm

Dunno. When Arod hits his homers it is usually in the 8th inning up 10-2. By then I am either home watching it on TV or have turned to some other game.


Seriously though, Sterling sucks up to George so much that he always trys to spin the best light onto guys like Arod. I have noticed that he and Waldman both fall over themselves in a love fest every time Matsui makes a decent play in the field or does something very well. You would think they get paid by the compliment the way they make Matsui sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:20 pm

baseball6791 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:we dont have any of those problems out here in SF with an all-star krukow/kuiper/flemming/miller combination... now our team on the other hand :-?


If Krukow sounds anything like he does on MVP 2005 then :-t :-t :-t .


he doesnt :-b and thank god for that. the commentary on that game is infuriating. they actually have great chemistry in real life, and flemming is one of the best young broadcasters out there

Krukow sounds exactly like he does in the game. I can't stand him. During that last SF/NY series I got the SF broadcast all three games. :-/

I can't stand Fran Healy but Keith Hernandez is awesome. I agree that he's not very exciting but his insight into the game is really good IMO.

Haven't listened to a Yankees radio broadcast in several years so I haven't had that pleasure. Can't stand Mikey Kay.
Image
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:25 pm

Sterling just broke out "Burn Baby Burn" AND "Bernie goes BOOM" consecutively after his 2-run HR just a couple of minutes ago LOL
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby tiger spit » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:34 pm

Rirruto wrote:Sterling just broke out "Burn Baby Burn" AND "Bernie goes BOOM" consecutively after his 2-run HR just a couple of minutes ago LOL

thats why he's the best! :-]
Image
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 558
Joined: 22 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: barnegat , nj

Postby rocky123 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:42 am

TheYanks04 wrote:Dunno. When Arod hits his homers it is usually in the 8th inning up 10-2. By then I am either home watching it on TV or have turned to some other game.


I don't actually think that's true. I'm going to be super vague here because I didn't think I'd need to remember this stat but I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about ARods perceived hitting when it doesn't matter and they compared him to D. Lee is considered kind of clutch this year. They compared their numbers with their teams either up or down by 3 runs and they were almost identical.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1087
Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New York

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:17 am

Who said D. Lee is considered clutch this year?
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Kavorka » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:22 am

rocky123 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Dunno. When Arod hits his homers it is usually in the 8th inning up 10-2. By then I am either home watching it on TV or have turned to some other game.


I don't actually think that's true. I'm going to be super vague here because I didn't think I'd need to remember this stat but I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about ARods perceived hitting when it doesn't matter and they compared him to D. Lee is considered kind of clutch this year. They compared their numbers with their teams either up or down by 3 runs and they were almost identical.


Arod reminds me of Peyton Manning. Great stats mostly accomplished during garbage time. But in a big spot in a big game with the playoffs on the line BOTH choke.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 488
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:23 am

The Kavorka wrote:
rocky123 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Dunno. When Arod hits his homers it is usually in the 8th inning up 10-2. By then I am either home watching it on TV or have turned to some other game.


I don't actually think that's true. I'm going to be super vague here because I didn't think I'd need to remember this stat but I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about ARods perceived hitting when it doesn't matter and they compared him to D. Lee is considered kind of clutch this year. They compared their numbers with their teams either up or down by 3 runs and they were almost identical.


Arod reminds me of Peyton Manning. Great stats mostly accomplished during garbage time. But in a big spot in a big game with the playoffs on the line BOTH choke.


Good comparison.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rocky123 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:45 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Who said D. Lee is considered clutch this year?


Don't remember to be honest but it was in the morning so I figure it was either Mike and Mike or Erik Kuselias and Steve Philips.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1087
Joined: 25 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New York

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Sep. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(4:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Houston
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact