yanks radio announcers???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yanks radio announcers????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Minor League Skilz » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:23 pm

I agree with the assessment on Waldman. I would love to hear what Sterling really thinks of her as his partner. On a positive note she has the perfect face for radio! ;-D

That is a good point perlick, I would love to have Kay and Sterling back together. I don't hate Michael Kay on TV, but sometimes it is nice when he isn't there. I am growing into a big Jim Katt fan to go along with Mercer and Singleton.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Kavorka » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:33 pm

perlick29 wrote:But I'm a little surprised that no one took shots at Ralph Kiner. WILL SOMEONE PUT THIS GUY IN A HOME ALREADY. 15 years ago he slurred his words as if drinking Jack Daniels every day. Today he sounds like he's been drinking Jack Daniels every minute for the last 15 years! Someone can him!

Ralph Kiner had a stroke a few years back and it's the reson he sounds the way he does.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:35 pm

Kaat and Singleton are excellent and should be the primary crew for every game imo.

Kay is really not that bad, He is better at color than at doing play by play imo and if he stuck to that in combo with Kaat and SIngleton they would have a very fine TV Broadcast crew. Kay, though a homer at times, will also go off and criticize Cashman or Yankee management on player moves at othe rtimes. That is very good to see and his analysis is usually pretty decent. He needs to stop calling play by play though.

Murcer has gotten a lot better over the years. He is almost tolerable now. He still is not a very good color man as he really does not offer much in analysis outside of his usual statements of the obvious. I have not heard the "Greazy sinker" comment in awhile. I still hear the occassional "timing" statement from him though. Oh RonDL is having a little trouble with his timing...Giambi is having trouble with his timing...etc.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Rirruto » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:38 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Kaat and Singleton are excellent and should be the primary crew for every game imo.

I enjoy them as well and I think they're the best Yankee announcers but aren't they both color guys?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:04 pm

I hate Kay. I really do.

From his stupid @$$ "SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE YA!!!" after every homerun to the little idiotic things he does like when he mentions MacDonalds as a sponser and insists on saying their catch phrase..."IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOVIN' IT."
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:32 pm

I can't stand the White Sox announcers.

"Put it on the board YESSSSS!" OMG I wanna puke.

"He gone." Who the hell do you think you guy's are?

They think they are the coolest cats on Earth. They aren't even annoucing for Chicago's real team, they have the B squad (Forget records, we're talking fans and ratings).
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:51 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I hate Kay. I really do.

From his stupid @$$ "SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE YA!!!" after every homerun to the little idiotic things he does like when he
mentions MacDonalds as a sponser and insists on saying
their catch phrase..."IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOVIN' IT."

Yeah well I never said Kay was perfect. He used to do the description of the Yankee Uniform every game on the Radio side "the interlocking NY...no name, OF COURSE". For some reason, Radio guys seem to think they need to ham it up more.

And his stuff is no worse than and indeed far better than:
Sterling:
"The Giambino"
"An A-bomb for Arod"
"Bernie goes Boom"
"Theeeeeeeee Yankeesssssss WINNNNNNNNNNNN"

Murcer:
"He throws one of those greazy sinkers"

Waldman:
"Player X was so happy....Player Y was so upset...It must be hard on Player Z to be boo'ed at Yankee Stadium...Player W wants to do well so badly...etc. Javy Vazquez wants to prove to Yankee Fans what he can do (every time I heard that last season I started to laugh).
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby tiger spit » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:57 pm

From his stupid @$$ "SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE YA!!!" after every homerun to the little idiotic things he does like when he mentions MacDonalds as a sponser and insists on saying their catch phrase..."IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOVIN' IT."

oh "see ya!" drives me crazy. kay is the worst announcer ive heard since i started watching baseball 25 years ago. mix it up a bit. noone cares about your crappy unoriginal "catch phrase" see ya... i mean sterling is great he has a different call for each player. sterling brings me back to the great ol days of rizzuto. the way rizzuto would just go off talking about anything but the game itself for an entire inning was the best. sterling is sort of the same way which is what i love about him. he has a personality , unlike crappy kay. kay needs to go.
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:04 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:

From his stupid @$$ "SSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE YA!!!" after every homerun to the little idiotic things he does like when he
mentions MacDonalds as a sponser and insists on saying
their catch phrase..."IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOVIN' IT."

Yeah well I never said Kay was perfect. He used to do the description of the Yankee Uniform every game on the Radio side "the interlocking NY...no name, OF COURSE". For some reason, Radio guys seem to think they need to ham it up more.

And his stuff is no worse than and indeed far better than:
Sterling:
"The Giambino"
"An A-bomb for Arod"
"Bernie goes Boom"
"Theeeeeeeee Yankeesssssss WINNNNNNNNNNNN"

Murcer:
"He throws one of those greazy sinkers"

Waldman:
"Player X was so happy....Player Y was so upset...It must be hard on Player Z to be boo'ed at Yankee Stadium...Player W wants to do well so badly...etc. Javy Vazquez wants to prove to Yankee Fans what he can do (every time I heard that last season I started to laugh).

Is it me, or everytime A-Rod hits a Homerun does he say something to the effect of, "And with that one, Alex Rodriguez can start to consider himself a real Yankee..."??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Am I the only one who enjoys the Hawk? Maybe it's because I don't have to listen to him all the time...

:-?
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers