yanks radio announcers???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

yanks radio announcers????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:44 pm

I will not stand for any more John Sterling Bashing. He's old, he's senile, he's past his prime, and he's an absolute horror show of an announcer if you are not a Yankee fan who has learned to love him. There. I said it. No more bashing on John Sterling or I'll cry. I love him.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rocky123 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:04 pm

Waldman is just not good. I thought she initially left WFAN to call the Yankees on their first season on YES only to be relegated to post game after they heard how horrible she was. I liked Steiner and Sterling but I had no idea Steiner said all that so now he can jump in the Pacific.
Finally The Rock has come back....to New York City!!
rocky123
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:51 pm

Waldman's voice goes right through me. I'd rather have my eardrums pierced with needles. When she was on the FAN in the morning I would set my alarm clock to that station. I knew I'd wake up and get out of bed for no other reason than to shut up that annoying whining excuse for a woman.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:10 pm

Waldman has always been bad. And it is amazing how little she really knows about baseball. Likes to talk about player's feeling instead of giving analysis.

George likes her otherwise she would have been canned a long time ago. She was doing color in the TV booth on YES before the YES big-wigs realized just how AWFUL she was and she was sent to the post-game. Now the radio booth. Steiner was not too bad but he and Sterling supposedly did not get along. Sterling has an enormous ego. He is a terrible homer and he schills for George way too much (as does Waldman). Those 2 fall over themselves sucking up to George.

You want really bad...try Fran Healy and Keith Hernandez though...if you can stay awake long enough to listen to those 2 babbling announcers it is an accomplishment. Actually Hernandez is not really that bad, just is very boring. Healy is a fool.

Of course all are the Oracle at Delphi when compare to the gold standard of crummy broadcasters...the one no one could possibly be anywhere near as bad as...namely Joe Morgan.

Joe Morgan when asked what the A's needed to do to beat the Red Sox in an ALDS game..."They have to score more runs".
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:16 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
Of course all are the Oracle at Delphi when compare to the gold standard of crummy broadcasters...the one no one could possibly be anywhere near as bad as...namely Joe Morgan.

Actually, McCarver is very nearly as bad. But that's a different thread. ;-D

One thing annoys me about Waldman and Sterling is they constantly are cutting each other off or trying to speak at the same time. It's one thing when you've got nothing to say (Waldman) but toss in the fact that you have no sense of when to say it...irritating. And she always poses these questions that make her sound like someone who is just learning the game, has picked up a little bit, but still needs reassurances from Sterling that she's on the right track. :-t

You know who else I hate is Ron Darling, who does the Nats broadcasts. Nothing he says is terribly awful, in fact I think he's fine, but it's the WAY he says it. He curls up his voice at the end of EVERY SENTENCE, like he's asking a question. I began to notice it after a while, and now it's all I think about when the Nats are on.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:47 pm

we dont have any of those problems out here in SF with an all-star krukow/kuiper/flemming/miller combination... now our team on the other hand :-?

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:18 pm

baseball6791 wrote:we dont have any of those problems out here in SF with an all-star krukow/kuiper/flemming/miller combination... now our team on the other hand :-?

If Krukow sounds anything like he does on MVP 2005 then :-t :-t :-t .
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby baseball6791 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:33 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
baseball6791 wrote:we dont have any of those problems out here in SF with an all-star krukow/kuiper/flemming/miller combination... now our team on the other hand :-?

he doesnt :-b and thank god for that. the commentary on that game is infuriating. they actually have great chemistry in real life, and flemming is one of the best young broadcasters out there

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantFan666 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:05 am

baseball6791 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

he doesnt :-b and thank god for that. the commentary on that game is infuriating. they actually have great chemistry in real life, and flemming is one of the best young broadcasters out there

Yep... love the Giant's announcing commitee. And yeah the announcing they do on the video game gets annoying 5 games into the season.
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby perlick29 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:14 pm

I agree with everything that's being said here. Waldman, god awful. Admit it yankee fans, we yearn for the day Sterling/Kay would get back together even though both are miserable apart, together they are a super-team.

Fran Healy/Keith Hernandez are pathetic. But I'm a little surprised that no one took shots at Ralph Kiner. WILL SOMEONE PUT THIS GUY IN A HOME ALREADY. 15 years ago he slurred his words as if drinking Jack Daniels every day. Today he sounds like he's been drinking Jack Daniels every minute for the last 15 years! Someone can him!

Giants announcers ;-D Krukow is a tad smug but still a great team.

Joe Morgan- Already been covered let's leave it to the 20 other threads on him.

The previous examples are why they should let a passionate knowledgeable 21 year old like myself onto the airwaves. I have 4 years experience on air 2 as Temple baseball's play by play guy. Everyone knows how awful these people are but nothing is being done about it. Rant over.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers