IN FIRST PLACE...BUT I NEED A SS..RATE IF YOUD LIKE. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

IN FIRST PLACE...BUT I NEED A SS..RATE IF YOUD LIKE.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

IN FIRST PLACE...BUT I NEED A SS..RATE IF YOUD LIKE.

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:06 pm

IN FIRST PLACE, THE ONLY GLARING WEAKNESS IS SS. I AM IN A YAHOO WEEKLY HEAD 2 HEAD POINTS LEAGUE

HITTERS- R, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, RBI, WALKS, ASSISTS

PITCHERS-W L CG SHO SV OUT H ER BB K ERA

HERES MY SQUAD, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, ILL DROP BY YOURS IF YOU LEAVE A LINK.

C J. Posada (NYY - C)
1B M. Teixeira (Tex - 1B)
2B R. Weeks (Mil - 2B)
3B B. Hall (Mil - 2B,3B,SS)
SS B. Crosby (Oak - SS)
OF G. Sizemore (Cle - OF)
OF P. Burrell (Phi - OF)
OF M. Cabrera (Fla - OF)
Util E. Brown (KC- OF)
BN W. Peña (Cin - OF)
BN K. Griffey Jr. (Cin - OF)
BN P. Lo Duca (Fla - C,OF)
BN C. Izturis (LAD - SS

SP Jo. Santana (Min - SP)
SP J. Peavy (SD - SP)
SP J. Johnson (Det - SP)
RP G. Chacín (Tor - SP,RP)
RP J. Smoltz (Atl - SP,RP)
P K. Wells (Pit - SP)
P C. Young (Tex - SP)
P D. Lowe (LAD - SP)
BN K. Davies (Atl - SP)
DL E. BedardDL (Bal - SP)
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbird669 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:02 pm

You might be able to get SS if you trade some OF, you seem to be strong there. I am also not sure Bill Hall will keep it up all year. Maybe try to get 3B.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby rudeswings » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:17 pm

Thanks for your advice on mine!!

You know, I hate doing this, but in this case, I'd definitely have to agree with the previous reply. You're stacked in the OF, and it's worth looking at dealing out 3B and/or SS in some package with the OF for a heavy hitting 1B or a super consistent 3B and SS.

Here's some more of mine. I also have some more questions for you:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... 92#1050392

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=141210

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=141207
rudeswings Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DRB » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Actually you might not to be too bad at SS. Bobby Crosby is a great up and coming player and Izturis is paying very well too. That's too solid options at SS especially if Oaklands lineup starts to hit the ball hard. Like the above poster said I'd be more worried about Bill Hall and Rickie Weeks keeping it up. At least Izturis is a little more established then those too.

I'd go after a solid 2B if you could. If you can't find one then try a 3B. It doesn't have to be anyone really amazing. Why not try to grab an underachiever for cheap. See if the guy who has Beltre will trade him for next to nothing. That way you have a little insurance in case Hall starts to fall off and you have a big upside player in Beltre if he gets hot.

Another thing is I can see you punted saves. Or at least didn't draft any closers. If the above attempts at 2B or 3B fail why not grab a couple lower to mid tier closers from some people who have a surplus. There is always one or two guys in your league who stockpile between 4 and 5 closers. Send them a few offers like Wily Mo Pena, Griffey Jr, and even Paul Lo Duca since he won't take Posada's job and see what you can get. At least then you'll be a bit more competitve in another cat plus you'll only be trading from your bench. ;-D
DRB
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby BTOWNHESS » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:05 pm

THANKS FELLA'S

DRB, YEAH I GOT RID OF MY CLOSERS THIS YEAR AND AM TRYING ANOTHER THEORY TO WIN. WITH ALL THE INJURIES AND SHUFFLING OF CLOSERS THIS YEAR I DECIDED TO JUST GIVE UP THE SAVE CATEGORY THIS SEASON AND STOCKPILE STARTERS.

I WAS ABLE TO TRADE STREET FOR CHRIS YOUNG STRIAGHT UP AND I HAD K-ROD WHO WAS INVOLVED IN A PACKAGE DEAL THAT LANDED ME MCAB...BUT I ALSO HAD KOLB AND ALFONSECA, AFTER AWHILE ESPECIALLY WHEN K-ROD WENT ON THE SHELF, I SAID SCREW IT, AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING SO FAR
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby citti34 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:05 pm

I personally think you're weaker at 2B. Punted saves will come back to haunt you.
citti34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BTOWNHESS » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:20 pm

citti34 wrote:I personally think you're weaker at 2B. Punted saves will come back to haunt you.

I guess it all depends on how Weeks comes along, but yeah its a gamble. I play in a league that uses "Outs" as a category so punting saves i think will not hurt me as much as you think...granted i go into every week knowing i will lose that category. But I also go into every week knowing i am more than likely going to win the Outs, K's, Wins. especially with my pitching staff. But you never know, it could be my downfall, I just see closers this year as time bombs. you really want you E.R.A. in the hands of the likes of Turnbow, Walker, Fuentes, Reitsma, Brazebon, Dempster, Brumley, etc etc etc. These guys are all closers.. Unless you can get only the Lidge, Rivera, K-Rod, etc. of the world whats the point?
BTOWNHESS
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jagfan21 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:35 pm

Crosby is fine get a 2b

Lugo Watch: SB - 24 HR - 2

Rehab is for quitters.

(The Official Corey Patterson Screwed Me Over Club)
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1087805#1087805
Jagfan21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby zimbaloo » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:04 pm

i would try to trade loduca for a SS because catcher is a very slim position.....you have two good catchers and im sure someone could use an upgrade in your league

thanks for your help on mine
zimbaloo
General Manager
General Manager

Postby springfield atoms » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:36 pm

i might consider moving Griff. he has the name, and has been playing well of late....course, i also agree you arent terrible with crosby.

btw, i have made the mistake of 'sort of' punting saves (post auto draft, mind you). the neg is i currently have four of 20 roster spots tied up in baez, ritsma, aquino and the guy from oakland this week.
springfield atoms
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team